Microchip Technology Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

Test Chip Validation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Talked to four engineers all from different departments. Was shown the lab, and was asked questions mostly about my projects. Was also asked a few technical questions as well. The whole process took about half a day.

Product Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with a number of people on the team. They asked me questions about information from my resume and some basic technical questions such as gate operation and some coding questions. Then I was asked questions about the products that they are handling so that they got a feel for how familiar I was with the technology that they were dealing with.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work alone or in a team.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview (About 35 minutes).
    Few weeks later, a full day (about 7 hours) on-site interview was setup. Full day interview was divided into following.
    1) 30 mins interview with HR
    2) 1:1 with Hiring Manager
    3) 1:1 with Sr.Manager
    4) Workflow test - basically, they gave a scenario and was asked to create a flowchart. Nothing too complex.
    5) Lunch with 3 team members
    6) Panel Interview - About 7 to 8 people
    8) 1:1 with VP
    9) 2 Part Quiz - Puzzle + SQL

Didn't get the offer. They never explained or communicated the reason for not selecting.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are in disagreement with your manager?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a scheduled phone call session with Principal Product Engineer where an exchange of information was done. Later, other managers interviewed through the phone. I was explained what all tasks (typical analog validation) I have to do when I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Everything was regarding my Resume. They asked about my projects and past experience.   Answer Question
    • How good are you in LabVIEW? What are repeatability and Reproducibility?   Answer Question

Ncg Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with HR with behavioral questions, then had an all day interview with other engineers who had a lot of technical questions. Went to lunch with manager and his co-workers mid-day. Very nice environment

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Hour long interview. The interviewer was uninterested in resume and only wanted me to answer technical questions for an hour. the interview was very nice and helpful with difficult questions. I was given a sheet of paper to answer the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write VHDL for D Flip Flop
      Implement Cmos transistors to make an inverter

NCG Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard 6 hour interview with one HR round and close to 6 technical rounds. Basic questions about ADC's, op amps, filters, architecture of a microcontroller and some basic C programming questions.

Interview Questions

• How does malloc work and what is the difference between malloc and calloc. Also how to realize an 2-input AND gate using a 2x1 multiplexer   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Received a call from the HR department scheduled a phone interview which took about 15 minutes very basic questions. Went in for a formal interview (it was a two person panel). lasted about 45 minutes very straight forward questions. The panel was very friendly and were very knowledgeable. The interview was very causal as well.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have pertaining to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was nothing negative about the interview process

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied on their website and received an email after a month from the manager to schedule an interview.I was asked to describe about the projects in the present job. The manager was professional and encouraged me during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Basic C questions: -
      1)What is static variable and function?
      2)Macro definition and in which level of compilation is it processed.
      3)Which is better -> if(0==a) or if(a==0)?
      4)Difference between pre-increment and post increment operation
      5)What is a structure?
      7)Difference between declaring and defining a variable.
    • I2C, SPI and RS232
      What is MVC? ( Model View Control)
      scripting- python
      difference between CISC and RISC architecture
      Java

NCG - Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Standard five hour interview with lunch and hr round. There were five people in the interview team.
    Both behavioral and technical questions were asked. Prepare your resume well along with job description.

Interview Questions

• Basic Verilog and CMOS digital design
      Device Physics
      How to remove hazards related to glitches