Micron Technology Characterization Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Characterize Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

set up a phone interview. its takes 30 minutes and she ask some general questions about what is your research projects and let me explain about my research. Let me explain what is my strength and what was my team work experience. after that, she ask me when i am a available to fill the job. what salary am i expect.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Characterization Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

This was my first interview with the company and it was a grueling 50 minute phone screen. My interviewer asked me around 8 technical questions, all about CMOS processing concepts. He invited me to share as much detail as possible, which threw me off a bit. The interview was long and a bit exhausting but he seemed pleased at my attempts to answer his questions. I got invited for a second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Discuss as many design considerations as you can related to MOSFET scaling, specifically short-channel effects. Whenever I mentioned a short-channel effect, he'd probe me on the physics behind it. Wanted as technical an explanation as I could provide on the phone.   Answer Question

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in April 2011.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my University (engineer supervisor) and we had a 30 minute interview the next day. I was asked very technical questions mostly about semi-conductor physics. Several weeks later I was asked to come to their campus in Boise for a full day of interviews. I went through about six 40 minute interviews from various people in the department. Test questions ranged from debugging code to circuit analysis to transistor physics. I was given an offer at the very end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Transistor circuit for a NAND gate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a base salary that is offered to university recruits. I was told there is no negotiation for new grads. I asked around once I started working and this is what others were told too. It was a pretty good offer though, better than anything anyone else gave me. I wouldn't have asked for more.