Micron Technology Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

3.1

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in April 2017.

Interview

Feb - HR interview - Just about you and your profile
March - Hiring Manager interview - Basics and semiconductor process based questions
April - Onsite - full day interview - intense, but very good questions - they want to know how you think and of course, lots of basics.

April mid - offered ( ~ they took just a few days to decide)

Very nice experience. Know your basics well.

Interview Questions

• Tafel curves, reactions, application based questions, why/how/what's your view on a subject?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was fair, but you have to be prepared to answer questions about their development process. A decent amount of preparation is required if you are unfamiliar with memory technology

Interview Questions

• Pull any project from your resume and explain what aspects of it relate to our field of expertise   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in April 2011.

Interview

This was an initial interview from a gentleman from Boise, ID. He came to our University and set up appointments for interviews the next day. I came and was given a 45 minute skills test that went well. He also did a presentation the day before, in the evening. I enjoyed his personality and explanations. The only trouble I have is the recent layoffs I have heard about. Though I've also heard they're loyal to employees. Good location and interesting projects.

Interview Questions

• What is the capacitance at this point where it showed only two capacitors and a switch. The guy gave me q=cv, i think, but the question was ambiguous.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in November 2010.

Interview

I had an interview the day after a career fair at my university. I was invited for an on-site interview a month later in Boise, ID. Micron paid for the trip for my wife and myself for three days which was really impressive. The interview lasted ~ 5hrs and consisted of 7 - 1:1 interviews with HR and multiple employees in different departments. They all seemed to enjoy their job and Micron. Most of the engineers that I interviewed with had been with Micron for 10+ years.

Interview Questions

• Most of the question were MOSFET or semiconductor related.
      -Sketch and explain an N-channel MOSFET
      -Signal delay through a gate
      -Behavioral related questions   Answer Question
    • Micro/Nano fabrication processes
      - what is the limit in optical lithography
      - how can you change the (Vt) in a MOSFET
      - what are the effects of "hot carriers" is a MOSFET   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really need to negotiate. The offer was well within what I was expecting. I would do your research for a salary range before going into the interview. This was one of the initial questions asked. As long as you present them with something reasonable, things will go your way.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in March 2009.

Interview

initial inverview on university campus (career fair) resulted in a follow up, on-site interview at Micron. The interview was a full day. The morning was all one on one interviews, one with HR employee and the others with engineers and managers that I would work with. Each interview lasted about 1/2 hr to an hour and there were about 5 of them. Most of them were not too technical as they knew I had no specific experience to the position I would apply for, but they asked technical questions about previous projects or research I had done in school or internship. When I thought I would get a short break at lunch, they asked me more questions while I was eating! That was really the only part of the interview that I did not like. The afternoon was more interviewing similar to those in the morning, probably 4 more interviews. I recieved an offer by phone after I had returned home (out of state).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was naive coming out of school and was just happy to have a job. I do not know what you might be able to negotiate.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in February 2007.

Interview

Interviewed by every member of the team, then the team leader and finally the manager. Some interviewers were asking technical questions, some asked general questions, very interesting. Everyone was very knowledgeable, the interviews were tehcnical, not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• What happens to a penny when you put it in ketchup?   3 Answers
    • Why are manhole covers round?   5 Answers

By the time I was given the offer, I already started working for a different company.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

The Interview process begins with a 30 minutes logic test. The result of the interview is ambiguous and you will not be noticed if you are unsuccessful, unless you drop them an email to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral question, a case study (simple, not technical) to see your problem solving skills related to the job position you are applying to.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Overall ok. Technical test include programming, product and etc. Followed by interview by hiring manager

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Interview with HR and director , they will ask your pas working experience and let you introduce yourself. You can ask they question about all you want to know.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

An around one hour test before 2 rounds of interview
    interviewers were friendly
    Test on logic and position related
    1st and 2nd interview ask similar qns, which are usual interview questions
    Not as scary as I thought