Micron Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

Dram Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID).

Interview

Campus Interview, followed by round-robin-style onsite interview with 5 or 6 managers from department, each lasting about 20-30 min. After this point, I did not receive an offer for nearly two months. Once I did receive an offer, they were very pushy about an answer within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Draw a capacitive charge/discharge curve as a function of time.   Answer Question
    • Draw a transistor level diagram of a NAND gate   Answer Question
    • Write sample C code (on paper) to sort items in an example array.   Answer Question

Probe Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus interview and after a week I got a call from a recruiter. She invited me for an onsite interview in Boise, ID. They flew me there. It was on Friday and started at 8 AM.
    I took a paper-based test at the beginning for one hour. The test questions were about Circuits analysis, Transient Analysis (RC circuits), Capacitor charge sharing, Digital logic, Semiconductor and transistor device theory, Linux commands, and C programming.
    This test goes in your folder and all the interviewers will check it during your interviews.
    Then, I had 6 panel interviews each with two people (Managers or Engineers).
    90% of the questions asked were here on Glassdoor, so go ahead check them.

Interview Questions

• MOSFET cross-section
      How NAND memories work and its cell structure
      How DRAM works, its cell structure, and differential amplifier
      Difference between CMOS and BJT.
      C Programming on a whiteboard - 2D array in C (basically the DRAM array)
      How to make NAND, NOR, XOR gates with MOSFETs
      MOSFET three operational modes and IV curves, pinch-off
      Questions on my resume
      Common behavioral questions   Answer Question

NVE SSD HW Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID).

Interview

Got a phone call from the Hiring manager and after a 30-minute interview, I was invited for an onsite interview at Boise, Idaho. They flew me down to Boise, provided a great stay and I attended the on-site interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• In the phone Interview, they asked typical questions regarding my Internship experience, projects and research. The on-site interview was exhausting. I had 2 phone interviews, each lasting about 45 minutes with hiring managers from teams from other states. After that, I had a face-to-face interview with about 5 different people, each lasting about 45 Minutes. They asked many technical questions related to analog design. Questions about power supply, converters, signal integrity and my resume.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

they came to campus for taking on campus interviews and then the next round was about to happen in idaho where their headquarters are. i got in contact to them after the career fair and they called me on an interview a day after

Firmware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Longmont, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

It was two and half hour long interview. Four of them asked me about C, C++, Verilog(Little bit). I could answer only C and Verilog as C++ questions were very high level.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butte, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Butte, MT) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruiter came to Montana Tech and interviewed a lot of students in the computer science/software engineering department. The interviews were about 30 minutes long each. The things that stood out to the recruiter were side projects/research, database classes/ experience, GPA, knowledge of data structures

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between arrays, linked lists, and trees and why would someone use one over the other?   Answer Question

NVME Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was 1 hour.
    Starts off with basic resume introduction then technical questions.
    The technical questions ranged from MOSFET, analog circuit questions and the software questions were mainly how you would implement certain functions and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you can do to increase Vt on a MOSFET   1 Answer
    • How many games is needed to find a winner in a 64 team match that plays out like March Madness but with single elimination?   Answer Question

R&D Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in February 2017.

Interview

Began with phone interview call (30 mins). Onsite interview was scheduled 1.5 months later. Full 1 day interview from 9 to 5 pm (Started with my phd and postdoc work presentation and then was interviewed by 11 people).

Interview Questions

• Energy band diagram, Gidl, dibl, back bias effect and other semiconductor device related questions.   Answer Question
    • I was asked if I faced any problem in fabricating my devices and how i fixed those problems.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had three people interview me at once. Very nice and seemed sincere with the questions that they asked me. Wanted to get to know me personally and tried to see if I was a good fit. Took them a while to get back to me though after the interview

Shift Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview with an engineering manager. Discussed basic questions about my background and why I am interested in the position; stressed importance of willingness to work on shift (12 hr/day, with alternating 3 or 4 day weekends, rotating days/nights on 4 month cycles). At end of phone interview, I was asked to come on site for an in-person interview. HR contacted me to set up everything (they'll reimburse travel expenses).
    The interview was relaxed; I was in a room with two engineering managers and a shift engineer. It was not nearly as technical as I anticipated, their main objective was drilling down to see if I would be a good fit for the team (think proven work ethic, proven ability to learn quickly). I would know your basics of SPC and the major areas of the semiconductor fabrication process (e.g. photolithography, PVD/CVD, wet process/etch etc.). They again asked if I would be okay working on shift, obviously don't say no to that one ;) Be opened minded about it especially if you're young. You get used to it quickly, and the long weekends are amazing.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would use SPC to troubleshoot a process or tool?
      Why are you interested in working in the semiconductor industry?   Answer Question