Micron Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.9

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in June 2016.

Interview

There is a phone screen where no technical questions were asked. It involved mostly describing your PhD work and work at previous employment. Actual Interview was a typical onsite interview that lasts from morning around 10 am to evening around 5pm. It involved technical questions from variety of topics depending on the interviewer ranging from device physics to characterization

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from the topics - Device physics particularly MOSFETs, CMOS Process Flow, PhD thesis work. Some eg questions were what is GIDL, Explain DRAM operation, Various leakage modes in Finfet, etc.   Answer Question

Had a different offer which I accepted

Shift Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in June 2016.

Interview

Just after graduation, I applied online with a resume and cover letter. I was contacted by a recruiter within 3 weeks to set up an over the phone interview. This first interview with the recruiter was just a screening process, asking very generic questions. Second interview was again over the phone with the Lead Engineer in the department. He asked a few technical questions, asked about classes I had taken, and went in depth through my resume. After about 2 weeks I was called to set up an on site interview in Boise. Micron paid to fly my out, for the hotel, and rental car, and gave me the option to bring along any significant others that would be making the move as well. The on site interview was 4 hours long, with 3 interview sessions. The first was with the same lead engineer I spoke with on the phone, the second was with two of his peers, and the third was with the department head. All three were very similar. The were a combination of seeing if I was a good cultural fit as well as digging into my technical fit for the role. The questions involved explaining my thought process as well as using a whiteboard for example. After the interview it took about 4 weeks (and a little badgering on my part) to get the final word.

Interview Questions

• Went thoroughly through my resume. Also asked about questions specific to my major, asking me to explain concepts and research that I had done.   Answer Question

Meteorology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID).

Interview

The company are very kind.. Sometimes they allow you to bring an additional guest with you.. Also HR department are very efficiency though. They keep a high pace to push things forward. It only lasted for half days for the whole onsite interview, though it was tense but not that frightening. People there are friendly and passionate, and sometimes you can meet very high level management person.

Assembly Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micron Technology in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email to set up an interview over the phone. Person was nice as asked me a few questions and explained the position. He had my resume and based on my experience asked if I have applied for other positions within Micron. Told them I have and I was more interested in those other positions.

Storage Systems Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology in May 2016.

Interview

- Initially got call from Recruiter, asked my skill sets, expectations and gave an overview of the position.
    - Second round was phone interview with the hiring manager, Most of the conversation was center to my resume, skills and the job description. And he was happy with my performance, as he said at end of the conversation.
    - A week later, I got call from the same Recruiter, asking my earliest available date to join and other formalities. And he said he will be getting back to me with offer letter next week.
    - Next week he calls back and says I have offered the position to the other guy, and he is sorry for me. (which in deed pissed me off :( ).
    - Funny but all the interview process went in phone calls, I think they don't prefer to use email I guess.

Interview Questions

• Much questions were on my previous Internship and previous work experience.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 20 days which included three rounds of telephonic interviews. One with the recruiter which was a behavioral interview. Other two interviews were simple job related questions with the managers. The interviews were conducted within a week's time but final decision was communicated a bit late.

Probe Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in May 2016.

Interview

Tech interview with all the members on the team on micron site. No much about the personal experience or stuff listed on the resume, but they tech questions they prepared. Followed up with some teamwork questions. Interview questions are listed as below. As a hardware company, they do ask at least two or three questions about hardware, so be prepared if you are more likely a software person.

Interview Questions

• Draw a CMOS and apply the voltage on it. Describe the characteristics of it and difference between CMOS and BJT.

How to sway two variable values without a temp variable.

NAND truth table.

How many different ways you can change the value from 20 to 10?

Are you a team player?

How can you deal with the team member who is not contributing to the team?
      1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took three months with one on-campus interview, 3 phone interviews, and one on-site interview. The people were very nice but it felt as though I was being jerked around because I got positive feedback at all of the reviews then after the final on-site interview it took them a month and a half to decide. During their decision making time it was pretty much radio silence so it was a very long waiting processes.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quantity to control in photo-lithography?   1 Answer

Dram Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

Sat with 6-7 supervisors for ~30 minutes each. All very friendly, but admittedly trying to stump you. Not interested in what you know but how you figure out what you don't. If you answer a question immediately and correctly, they won't be especially impressed, they'll just change it a little to confuse you and watch you try to work it out.

Interview Questions

• Timing diagrams and waveforms for delay. Logic questions. CMOS questions.   Answer Question

Nand Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

Did a phone screen with 3 engineers at Micron in Boise. Around 9 days later I got a call inviting me up to Boise for 3 days (~2 days to explore Boise area) and 1 day for the interview. I accepted and traveled a week later to Boise.

Some things to watch out for with interviews with Micron:

1. They are very technical. I started the day with a 12 question quiz, which I knew was coming and had prepared for. It is not that hard, but since you are only given 30 minutes to do the test, you need to work quickly. If you had time to sit and think about all these questions, you would see they are not very hard if you know the basics of your EE classes.

You need to study the following things: 1. Basic transistor device theory (e.g.. differences between NPN and PNP devices, holes, electrons, Quantum tunneling, hot electron injection and how this relates to the way flash memory works), 2. Basic capacitor charge/discharge. There will be a circuit given on the test that has a series capacitor network and a resistor network, so understand how to find the equivalent capacitor/resistance in both cases. The question will be how the cap charges and discharges when a switch is open and closed given a voltage source in this capacitor/resistor network. 3. Know some basic C coding questions. I believe there is one nested loop C question and possibly a C++ question. 4. Know some basic linux commands such as ls, mkdir, ps and how to recursively search directories. 5. Know how to create an adder from logic gates and there are some other basic logic gate/truth table questions. Again mostly basic stuff if you take some time to think about them. Finally, I have a feeling they use this test to weed out candidates right form the beginning. In other words, I doubt they bother getting feedback from the rest of the interviews you do following this test, if you do not score well enough on it to put yourself up with the rest of the top candidates. No proof of that, but with so many people they bring through, they do not have time to get verbal/written feedback from everyone.

After the test, I interviewed with approximately 7 people (typically around 2 engineers tag-teaming you at a time) and got a brief look (from the outside) of their clean room. Pretty amazing with all the carriers whizzing around the celing with wafers in them going to their various destinations.

Overall, I had a positive experience, but every single interview was mostly technical. It quickly went from discussing basic work items on your resume to technical situation type questions, so be ready to think quickly and solve problems for them. They will want to see that. However, everyone I met with is nice and no one put me on the spot when there was something I did not quite know.

The other thing is that if you come to Boise, you can a bit of a chance to look the town over. For me, I could not see myself moving there from Southern, Ca. but others may like it. A bit too small and isolated for me. Very hot in the summer and snows a lot in the winter.

Interview Questions

• What logic gates could be used to add two binary numbers together?   1 Answer