Micron Technology Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Micron Technology Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had three people interview me at once. Very nice and seemed sincere with the questions that they asked me. Wanted to get to know me personally and tried to see if I was a good fit. Took them a while to get back to me though after the interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Two months later I got an email from HR scheduling a phone interview with me. I was asked about my impression of Micron and the city of Boise, as well as my research experience. They seem to need someone as soon as possible, but I cannot graduate until summer.

Interview Questions

• What is your advisor's feedback to you? (It is time for self-marketing)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology (New York, NY).

Interview

When I applied at Micron, the company held a mass employee selection, which I took part in. There was a Logical Reasoning test part, followed by multiple stages of one to one interview. During the interview, I was asked about myself, why do I want to work at Micron, and whether I will be able to work in shifts, among other things.

Interview Questions

• How are your grades be like what is written on your transcript?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology in November 2016.

Interview

2 interviews within two days from each other. First one with the recruiter and second with the head of the lab and another manager. First interview was behavioral and second was heavy technical. I would know your resume, cover letter and the job description very very well.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a time you were a project leader. Do you work well in teams or alone? Can you describe x-ray techniques for surface analysis.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took three months with one on-campus interview, 3 phone interviews, and one on-site interview. The people were very nice but it felt as though I was being jerked around because I got positive feedback at all of the reviews then after the final on-site interview it took them a month and a half to decide. During their decision making time it was pretty much radio silence so it was a very long waiting processes.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quantity to control in photo-lithography?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2016.

Interview

First interview was basic HR questions.

Second interview was tech questions with some behavioral questions.

Third one was a on site interview, 6-7 engineers interview you each around 30 mins each, some will keep shooting questions and see how you react

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

easy and smooth. all about basic questions and interviewees are not friendly (consider this is an opening for new grad). There are 7 people interviewed me with 30 mins/each. It was a full day interview.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

I had an on-sight interview here at my university. The interview was technical, with questions pertaining to the type of work, and my own research. The second interview was over the phone and was more for HR, with questions mostly focusing on what I knew about the company, so make sure to know a little about their history and current status, but mostly about where they plan to go in the future (i.e. new technology). The third interview was a conference call with 3 engineers. It was mostly technical again with questions about the technology pertaining to the position, but they were questions mostly about my research. I wasn't an expert in the technology since I have been working with it less than 1 year, so there were questions I didn't know the answer to.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the exact wording, but it was something along the lines of "Give an example of when you made a suggestion to the project that made a big/good impact."   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2014.

Interview

Met recruiters at a career fair, had the 1st interview the day after. The initial interview was primarily technical and get to know you. Questions included I-V characteristics, cross sections of MOSFET, design a NAND gate, etc. If you were stumped, they tended to lead you to where you could come up with an answer. 5 weeks later, they scheduled an in person which will be about a 5 hour process of multiple 1:1 interviews and a panel interview.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

They generally asked a couple of introductory questions, then transitioned to technical questions
    Introductory questions involved : Open to relocation, Why interested in this position, very conventional
    Technical Questions included: Why is salt not allowed in cleanroom, how does SEM work, questions about SPC, Six Sigma, process control charts, Short channel effects in MOSFETS.

Interview Questions

• I had trouble with most of the statistical process control questions, since I've had no prior experience. I frankly did not expect those questions   Answer Question