Micron Technology Product Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Micron Technology Product Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was really nice and frank. The person I interviewed with was very nice to me and treated very nicely. Asked about to tell him about my self and my struggles then some technical questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

The process was good. Engineer called me, asked me questions, and I answered. Half of the interview was technical and mostly device physics - based. Then he asked some out of the box questions.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID).

Interview

I first interviewed with Micron at a career fair for my university. Then they flew me into Boise and gave me a rental car and a hotel room. The next day I drove onto campus at ~8am and someone from HR walked me to my first interview. I had about 8 interviews that lasted about 30 min each. They bought me lunch and I was done at about 3pm. I had to go take a urine test after that and my flight back home was at 6, so it's a busy day. You get a $60 voucher for food each day so food is all paid for.

Interview Questions

• How is a transistor made? How does it work? Can you make me a NAND gate out of transistors? how does photo lithography work? Can you write code that prints an array in reverse order?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I took what they offered but I head I could have gotten more out of my salary and relocation bonus.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology in July 2016.

Interview

went well, they talked with me, showed me the company. Interviewed with about 5 different people. They said there were other interviews and that I would hear from them by the end of the week. A week went by, I heard nothing, contacted them, no response.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose to apply at micron ?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micron Technology in February 2016.

Interview

Project manager found my resume from internal database, because I applied another position before. Then he sent me email to schedule a phone interview. This interview is around 1 hour. The first 10 min go through my resume, then is technical questions about device physic/VLSI/microfabrication/digital logic. The last 10 min is Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Explain these concept:
      ->field oxide
      ->diode
      ->body effect
      ->threshold voltage, (T,tox how to effect)
      ->hole
      ->depletion region
      ->MOSEFT (cut off linear sat)
      ->pin off
      ->filpflop
      ->NOR
      ->synchroniz asynchronize
      ->FSM
      ->verilog
      ->mean, median, sigma, standard deviation, mode of distribution
      ->c loop(for, while, do while)
      ->swap two int
      ->stack
      ->linked list
      ->probability (get a card is face card, how many games, if there is 64 team play single round)
      ->wafer
      ->photoresistor
      ->PVD, CVD
      ->capacitor( serial ,parallel, Q)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Bozeman, MT) in February 2016.

Interview

Laid back and friendly. I was asked to analyze a simple RC circuit transient response as well as determine the output of a chain of logic gates. The questions were more oriented towards watching me struggle than to quickly find the answer. Unfortunately, I was not offered the internship because the position had already been filled.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to analyze the output of a system of logic gates.   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Went through three rounds of campus interviews on the same day. One was resume review, one was a mildly technical interview and one was general HR interview (just a formality). The process was more lose mainly because they were starting a new manufacturing facility and were hiring in hundreds.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in May 2015.

Interview

Talked with 5 different people, roughly 30-45 minutes each. They asked technical questions about transistors (i.e. iv curves, simple logic questions). They also questioned the resume and tried to get to know you. They seem to be interested in how much you know about the job and the company your applying for.

Interview Questions

• Explain the result of 3 nmos transistors in series.   2 Answers

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Interview was on campus in a career fair. The questions asked were quite easy but I am not even sure if they were looking for candidates. I live in Salt lake city, Utah and their main office is in Boise, Idaho. So, they mostly hire candidates from Boise. They usually come to Utah for career fairs, interview candidates and never get back. I have been interviewed twice but did not get a response back on both times.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position of a NAND non volatile product engineer. I went through a campus interview and they seemed to like me so they flew me out to their base in Boise, ID.

The process spanned 5-6 hours divided into three parts. The first was a three person panel interview where I was drilled by both technical and personal questions. This lasted about an hour and a half. They asked things about work ethic, and what difficult situations I found myself in. Micron basically wants to know what kind of person you are and how you respond to things.

The second part they grace you with a lunch break on them. Finally you have another three person panel where they drill you on more technical questions and try to gauge how you think under pressure. After this they give you a tour of the facility, and one of the engineers may take you out to dinner.

Interview Questions

• There are many questions on device physics such as MOSFET theory, how the device works and how changing certain parameters such as dielectric properties changes how the device reacts. They'll also ask you basic logic questions about nands and XOR gates, and possibly have you draw the basic layout of one.

They also throw some curveballs at you that pertain to their specific manufacturing which is how the floating gate operation works, and how do you utilize it in practice.
      1 Answer