Micron Technology Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Performance Modeling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Questions on system level performance modeling in the phone interview.
    Then on-site talked with 7 or 8 engineers, some face to face, some remote through a Skype call. Questions on modeling methodology, architecture and some on programing language. People are nice and no hard feelings at all.

Interview Questions

• questions based on personal working experience, including interconnect, workload and stl   Answer Question

Senior Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Milpitas, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very weird. The manager must have been very stressed because she kept asking me and asking me if I knew I could do the job over and over again. I knew I could, but after five minutes of being interrogated, I had to say no, because she was freaking me out. It seemed like it's too high stress of an environment when a hiring manager couldn't mask her true feelings.
    I spoke with another hiring manager, told him my experiences. He misunderstood me, so I corrected him on my previous role. He still didn't understand me and said I wasn't what he was looking for. That's fine, but I don't think he was the type of manager who listens to his own people.
    I felt I dodged a bullet by not going to work there!

Interview Questions

• I can't think of any off the top of my head, but it wasn't a good experience.   1 Answer

Senior Sales Operations Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Milpitas, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the supervisor took around 20 minutes going over my background and experience. Was told and expected a call back after the manager returns from vacation for next step, but it never happen and no reply when making inquiry.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your manager gives you multiple tasks that you know you cannot meet deadlines?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Milpitas, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was okay. I got the call from one of the compan recruiters and scheduled an interview. The process took the whole day and I went throught about 8 people. The engineers were very technicall

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Initially i was contacted by the HR department of the company directly. I had 3 rounds of interview, first round is with the direct hiring manager, who asked me what I did before, tested me some basic engineering problem-solving questions, and then asking me about my working style and personality stuff. Then I got into the second round, which is to have a telecon interview with the team members around the places (back then the team who work with me are all over at the different places) to understand the working atomosphere and let the team understands me a bit more - not much technical questions during this stage. Finally, I am interviewing on-site again with the higher executive team, with some directors, VPs, who wants to understand my background and experiences. Then I got hired after all 3 rounds.

Interview Questions

• There isn't much difficult questions to answer, some technical questions just to understand my ability as a technical person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I actually got a salary increase from my original offer, I think this is due to company's policy to offer the right salary based on the experience and skills - I was very satisfied because this company is providing the honest offer than others.