Micron Technology Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Micron Technology Test Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2016

3.2

Test Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2015.

Interview

Very technical. I was given thirty minutes to complete a written exam that consisted of C programming questions and circuit analysis questions. I was also given some generic problems to test my problem solving abilities. At the end, it switched to a more conventional interview where we talked about my strengths and weaknesses as well as general interests and why I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Difference between pre and post-incrementing a variable.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then offer to fly me out for in person interview. It started with small written test and ~8 hours of 1-1 and panel style interviews from different groups within a department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A friend of mine referred me at Micron and within 2 days I was called to setup a phone interview. The interview was very bad, because I am not into testing and mistakenly my friend referred me to that position.
    They asked me if I know how to work on oscilloscopes and some other terms that I even didn't hear before.

But, maybe for people who have taken atleast one testing courses will not feel so hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

On campus interview at the career fair. Fairly straight forward process. First a HR interview that takes around 10 mins, asked a couple questions liked the ones from the online application. Then a technical interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the charge of a circuit with two capacitors in parallel with another one in series.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

It takes two rounds to get my offer. first is a basic background interview with no technical questions. And the second is basically all technical questions covering from capacitor, basic transistor function, DRAM, and programming C.
    Not very difficult if you study your basic courses well

Interview Questions

• draw a V-I curve of a capacitor   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview for 1 hour. 3 people asking mostly technical questions and my background. On site interview for 5 to 6 hours, 8 interviewers total. Lots of questions from tester, software programming to electonics.

Interview Questions

• Current and voltage waveform of RL and RC series and parallel circuit.   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Composed of three interviews, one behavioral phone interview, one technical phone interview, and one onsite interview. Onsite interview will be composed of 7 interviews from managers to the VP.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in March 2011.

Interview

I was a Masters student when I was interviewed, so they asked me basic questions like cross section of an NMOS, its V-I characteristics, a couple of logical questions on this like how the curves shift if a resistor is added at its drain, etc, a couple of questions on DRAM, its leakage paths, clocking, etc, CMOS logic, temperature effects on the mobility of charge carriers in an NMOS, etc and some basic C programming questions about pointers, etc. Some questions were quite tricky like "Write a C program which performs multiplication operation without using the multiplication operator", etc.
    The interview started at 10 AM in the morning and ended at 4 PM in the evening. I had six interview sessions and each session had two interviewers, one the manager of the respective test division (e.g., burn-in) and a head engineer from that division. After the first interview, I was fortunate enough to be invited for lunch with one of the senior test engineers there, we talked about a lot of things ranging from my technical interests to Micron's past to the city of Boise. He also took me on a tour of their testing and fabrication facilities. It felt truly enticing to know that the memory chips that sit in our computers come from here! The final interview session consisted of the DRAM and the Probe and Test Managers. This was mentally slightly stressful in comparison to the others and most of it was C-programming. In the end, at around 4 PM, my recruiter escorted me out from the manager's cabin to the front desk and let me off.

Interview Questions

• Cross section of an NMOS, its V-I characteristics, a couple of logical questions on this like how the curves shift if a resistor is added at its drain, etc, CMOS logic, temperature effects on the mobility of charge carriers in an NMOS, etc.   1 Answer
    • A couple of questions on DRAM, its leakage paths, clocking, etc, and some basic C programming questions about pointers, etc. Some tricky questions like "Write a C program which performs multiplication operation without using the multiplication operator", etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Their initial offer will sound good, but you can start with adding a +5 to +8 to it. Eventually, you will settle down with a convincing package.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in January 2011.

Interview

I met them at career fair. Had an interview the next day. Interview consisted of written test before meeting with anyone then reviewing the test for about an hour. Questions were on digital logic, c-progrmaing, transistor physics and unix.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in July 2010.

Interview

My resume was referred by friend. I got a phone interview from the Test Lead. Went well.
    I was told I should be ready for an on site interview. The onsite interview consisted of some written test for 45 mins and Oral interview questions by HR and around 7 people. Overall went well. The people who interviewed me were nice.