Micron Technology Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.7

Operations Improvement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 4 rounds, all telephonic. Was called over to Virginia for an in person interview. Very organized process, had one on one interview with a lead engineer, a panel interview with 5 senior managers and final interview with the manager. Company paid for the travel and stay. Unfortunately, I was not offered the position. Had a wonderful experience overall. Good people around and good ambiance to work. Happy to have interviewed at my dream company though I did not get an offer.

Wish you the best for your interview.

Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process when they are looking for new hires. They came to my college to recruit for internships at the company so it was easy to get in for an interview

Interview Questions

• Do you know how a vacuum works?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA).

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with an HR recruiter and one with your eventual shift lead. Followed by a three-person panel interview in person. I interviewed for an entry level position, so they asked very basic questions. "Describe a time that you...," etc. They will basically hire anyone who shows the slightest amount of competency.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were part of a successful team.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by the recruiter. A couple of days after they initially showed interest, my eventual manager contacted me about a panel interview. The panel interview took place on site and involved all of the managers in my area.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I knew what a capacitor was.   1 Answer

Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Fast. Applied on a Thursday. Called on Friday and by a the next Monday went in for interview. Left the interview with a job. Interview was simple. Research the company history. Safety is big. Work ethic and owning mistakes are big.

Interview Questions

• They asked random questions to see how you would answer them on the fly. In order to see how your mind processes things.   Answer Question

Cvd Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Receive call from manager for phone interview and get onsite interview invitation the second day after that. Questions not very difficuilt. Some key parameters very important for processes. Statistical background is a must. Also some related questions. Panel interview afterwards, about 2 hours, more in depth with similar questions regarding CVD and CMP processes.

QRA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was supposed to be conducted in a two-hour slot, it ended up being three interviews in three and a half hours. I had a technical round with my future colleagues, a managerial round with my future supervisor, and a surprise third round with the department head. I was mainly quizzed on my graduate project, since that was in line with the position I was applying for.

Overall, nice experience. The interviewers were very interested in what I was saying, and I could feel they really wanted to hire someone, and were asking increasingly tough questions to see if they could trust me with this job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      Why do you think we should hire you for this position?
      Explain the functioning of NAND Flash memory cell.
      Differentiate between NAND and NOR Flash memory.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was asked to join due to need. I did not interview with anyone from the HR Dept. I interviewed 1:1 with the department that needed me. I was ready to go to work. I had been hired on as a contractor to do the same job in 2004, so, not much changed except the badge color.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to innovate with control systems and design Programmable Logic Controllers. That was due to need for the company.   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

In depth comprehension of electric circuits is required, thinking outside the box is also a huge plus. They ask IQ questions for the interviews

Interview Questions

• The IQ questions change for everyone. Alto of critical thinking questions were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for wage negotiation

DRAM Quality and Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call from HR and scheduled the phone interview the very next day morning.

Interview Questions

• Semiconductor Device basics, Fabrication steps, Transfer Characteristics, P type and N type CMOS basics. Basically Semiconductor physics.   Answer Question