Micron Technology Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Micron Technology Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arizona State University, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Arizona State University, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Talked with the recruiter at their booth during a college career fair. I was told "I may get a call for an interview, I might not." The recruiter was not very friendly. The interview was broke into 2 parts. 30 minutes behavioral, 30 minutes technical. Behavioral was straightforward, asked what I know about the company, where I see myself in 5 years, responses to certain scenarios. I only had a few hours to prepare for the interview, so the technical portion was very difficult for me. As a B student, I did not remember all aspects of my education over the last 4 years. Luckily the questions were primarily on digital circuits. Didn't receive an offer, due to my poor answers.

Interview Questions

• Process Engineering Question: What are two ways to limit or control an etch?   Answer Question
  • Charge Sharing Problem: what are the final Caps and Voltages after the switch is thrown, connecting the capacitors?   Answer Question
  • Draw a NAND or NOR CMOS gate. Which one is this? Why do we draw PMOS on top? What is the benefit of having PMOS connected to Vdd?   Answer Question
  • Delay problem: A 10 ns delay is connected to one input of a NAND gate, a 2.5 ns delay inverter is connected to the other. Input is high until 10 ns, then goes high again at 50 ns. What is the behavior of the output?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

There were three rounds of phone interview for total and no on-site interview for intern position. The first one was just some easy HR questions, and the later two asked about basic semiconductor questions, including CMOS IV, fabrication, like deposition, photolithography, etching. Also some personality questions were asked. The questions is not difficult, but there were some traps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Interview

I applied the job online and after 2 weeks the hr contacted me. After a phone interview, I went to micron , boise for on site interview. I was interviewed with 6 people in yield enhancement team.

Interview Questions

• Working principle of pn junction , transistor, mos, flash.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in January 2014.

Interview

Met during campus career fair. Interviewed with recruiter the next day, and a few weeks later was asked to fly to Boise for on site interview. Interview was ALL day long and very similar to others experience on glassdoor. A few behavior Qs and brain teasers. Everyone seemed interested in salary expectations and what I wanted from Micron as a whole (career wise). Every 45 min was a new engineer walking in and asking very technical questions not necessarily related to my resume but specific to the job requirements. Everything from materials processing to electrical circuits. Was guided out and told me they would be in touch. Interview went well but the end was an unsettling experience as it was a sudden end to the interview. Took another Job as the decision process took WAY too long.

Interview Questions

• know everything from materials engineering to electrical circuits to device physics.   Answer Question

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

phone interview followed by onsite interview by 2 teams

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not easy to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in February 2012.

Interview

1. Recruiter phone interview
    2.2 Managers phone interview
    3.Area manager interview
    4.Onsite interview
    5.Recruiter called in 3 days to give offer.\
    It was easy process if you have sound knowledge of semiconductor fabrication, transistor, CMOS, NAND , DRAM.

Interview Questions

• 1.Typical Phone interview with 2 Managers who asked about DRAM, NAND basic understanding, did stress on behavioral questions and stressed upon 1 question regarding difficult customer and how will you react to such situation?
      2. 2nd Phone interview was taken by Area manager with rapid fire question round with basic material science, which was quiet interesting and tests your basics.
      3.Onsite interview consisted of different technical rounds: interestingly the interviewers showed different SEM images and asked to find the defect.
      4.Few engineers asked about semiconductor process knowledge as well as CMOS, transistor knowledge.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

First phone interview: Pre-screening by the HR.
    Duration: 20 minutes.
    Questions: A few basic questions about my eligibility to work in the country, expected graduation date, expected salary, expectations from the job itself.

Second phone interview: The hiring manager called after about a week of my conversation with the HR. He was humble and made me feel comfortable.
    Duration: 40 minutes

Interview Questions

• Mention only one greatest strength of yours? Why do you think so? Elaborate.   Answer Question
    • Mention only one biggest weakness of yours? What have you done to overcome it? What were the results?   Answer Question
    • Would you like to work in the lab (hands-on) or work at desk? Pick one.   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation that you came across where you had to trouble-shoot. What was the problem and how did you go about doing that?   Answer Question
    • List the differences between a TEM and SEM.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

It began with a brief phone review after an online application with an employee reference. This was basically just a sanity check making sure you were competent and new basics like Ohm's Law. After a week or so I was brought in for the onsite which included 2 panels and 2 managers. The first panel was the technical interview and was rather challenging unless you had semiconductor experience in school. The behavioral panel followed and was fairly standard and asked very expected questions. Next you undergo another behavioral interview with the section head and finally a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding CMOS devices   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was for an entry level position so I accepted a reasonable offer without negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online in the company's website and they e-mailed me to set up a 30 minute phone interview. It was just a HR round asking very simple questions. Just routine details. They replied after a week and scheduled a phone interview(technical). Still have to attend the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in shifts and overtime?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

2 Telephonic conversations (1 HR and 1 technical) after which i was invited for an onsite. Had 4 sessions of interviews with 2-people panels and one final interview with a manager. Most people were courteous and questions were fairly relevant. They also included a lab tour which was quite informative. Overall, I had a good feeling about the interview. They got back to me real quick with a response, within 2 hours of leaving the building, HR called with me an offer.

Interview Questions

• One of the panels asked me certain specific questions related to the companys products which was a little hard to have known but they didnt hold that against me.   Answer Question