Microsemi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2018

3.1

Test Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsemi (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was contacted after an expo at school. Had an initial phone screen mostly consisting of questions from resume. Second interview was on site with around 5 people (individual interviews). They asked some technical questions from circuit theory and basic logic design.

Interview Questions

• Can you draw logic gates at transistor level.
      Why would you want to work in electronics industry?   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Microsemi (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

hiring manager found me on linkedin, had a 30 min phone interview at lunch break, decided I am still too young for the role after I talked about my visa status and stuff just through the phone, overall very nice at least didn't keep me hanging waiting for the result

Interview Questions

• basic embedded c programming language: big endian/little endian, static&volatile, compiler to assembly etc   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsemi (Lowell, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin and I applied online after that. I was invited for an onsite interview where I was interviewed by 6 different people (half hour each one). They mostly asked me about my resume and the projects that I worked on. They were very informative as well regarding the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage to deal with conflicts while working in a group?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsemi (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

One phone screen + Onsite interview which included (6 technical + 1 HR round). They asked me a bunch of C questions (bit manips, array), questions on interrupts, locking. And its been more than 4 weeks, and I haven't heard back from them. And no response to emails as well. This is really frustrating for an interviewee.
    I have had no responses after phone screens which I found really unprofessional, but this is the limit. If a candidate has invested time in coming and meeting all these engineers, he/she at least needs an answer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Interrupts vs Exception
      Q: Questions on resume
      Q: Basic array manipulation + bit manipulation questions.
      Q: Locking in multiprocessor systems.   Answer Question

Production Operator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsemi (Bend, OR).

Interview

The process was three interviews. The first was with a shift supervisor who also gave a brief tour of the facility and Fab. The second was with the Day shift supervisor. The third was with a higher manager. I think they oversaw the production line. Prepare for a long wait on hearing back from the company.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions were straight forward. Some pertained to the specific site location, but most were generic.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

After two phone interviews, I was invited to a onsite interview. The process was not as difficult as I had expected . I was interviewed by 4 people 2 engineers 1 upper level management and the last spoked to hr. It lasted about 2-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me more about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a little room to negotiate salary, but for an entry level it's pretty much determined the price range.

Product and Test Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsemi (Aliso Viejo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward. Went over previous projects and work experience. Asked how I have used computer languages and hardware testing devices (Spectrum Analyzer, Function Gen etc). Showed me around the RF Lab.

Interview Questions

• What does the spectrum analyzer measure?   1 Answer

QA/QC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsemi (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Extremely long process. Microsemi has no communication at all. Initial phone screening was end of November 2016. Phone interview with hiring manager and other employees a few weeks after. Did not get a response back for a few weeks. After the holidays I emailed them for an update. They said within a few days and never got back to me. Toward the end of January they called to see if I was still interested in the job and wanted to set up an in person interview with the hiring manager.
    The interview came and I felt that it went well. Then it went silent. The interview was the first week of February. They said that I would get a decision by the end of the week. It was nothing but silence from Microsemi. I sent a total of 3 emails asking for any update or feedback that they may have. It was still nothing but silence. I finally received a rejection email the first week of March one month later. Overall one of the worst interview processes that I have gone through. If you don't plan to hire someone let them know early on after the interview and don't have them waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of data, how would you identify a problem or defect?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsemi (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online for mid level position(3 yr Exp) , got a call from HR and scheduled Interview with Senior Principal Engineer.
    Interview was interactive and few question based on resume and other programming question.

Interview Questions

• write a C program to find the similar content of one file in other file. Similar approach of searching a sub string in string . Optimize the solution   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsemi (Aliso Viejo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was very personable and friendly. Marketing director was also very friendly, but when I sent him follow up information we discussed during the meeting, he never even sent a courtesy thank you reply. Additionally, it took almost 2 months to finally get an automated, thank you but we selected someone else reply.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard interview questions related to the position.   Answer Question