Microsoft Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.3

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Contacted by internal Microsoft recruiter. Very easy to speak with. She said next step would be to bring me into a “loop” with four managers and the other candidates being considered for two openings. A scheduler took over from the recruiter and everything was handled well. Day of interview reported to the Microsoft office and was placed in a small conference room. Should mention I saw two other candidates in the waiting room before being brought back- no biggie, said hello to both shook hands. All three of us were placed in rooms down the same hall side by side.

Each interview lasted 45 minutes. Hard to know what to expect with four completely different interviewing styles since obviously four individual managers. Really felt like the first person asked deep probing questions which really got me excited that I was able to describe myself and my experience very well. Second person was much harder to get that rapport going. Person was rather closed off, so much so I figure I was not favored at all. Struggled through second one. Had a 15 min break still in that same room. Third person also closed off. Didn’t ask many probing questions at all. Didn’t really dive into my experience was almost like I was filling a quota for number of candidates. Last interview and not going to lie at this point I am fried. Also pretty much know I will not be shortlisted. Fourth person was great. Gave me some energy back and really dove into my background again and was genuine with questions and paying attention to who I was.

Overall, in am disappointed in my performance of the day and would change a dozen different things

Interview Questions

• What do you do to manage stress?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Account Executive Interview

Interview

It was a one on one interview with basic behavioral questions. Looking for your experience and ability to interact with other people. Questions also regarding company culture and your fit.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2018.

Interview

The process consisted of two rounds. (On campus recruiting.)
    Round 1 was a standard behavioral interview. You "interview" for all sales positions. If you are selected for a final round, you think rank both your location and role preferences. They then combine this with the interviewer notes and if there's a match, you are invited to interview for that position.

The second round interview was with four people in the sales teams. It was quite conversational. They want to see if you are a good fit for the role based on experiences.

The process itself was quite slow. It also seemed to lack a cohesive structure. There was a main recruiter, but also two other people contacting me regarding logistics. When I asked a question, I did not receive an answer until the night before my interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the stress/pressure of a quota-based sales role where you have to hit your numbers monthly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was long but fair. They asked great questions and the follow-up was fantastic. The interviewers were very nice and knowledgable. It was an overall great experience. There is a ton of preparation needed if you want to have an effective interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the Sales Process for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reston, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

A series of rigorous interviews, that were used to determine whether an individual could sell themselves and their attributes to a oanel of seasoned account executive managers. 4 in-person interviews with behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite microsoft products   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Burlington, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief phone screen by Recruiter. Arranged on-site interview via email with third party. On-site interview with 4 people (4 hours). Brief phone inteview with GM/VP. Met with hiring manager and 2 peers to hiring manager and 1 peer for the position. Most questions were not difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you did this...
      Take me through your background and what it would be applicable to this position   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft in May 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter after she found me on LinkedIn. Another call with recruiter to discuss interview process. Group call with other candidates and recruiter to discuss how the main interviews would go. Next, the interview day is 45 min with one senior manager, then another 45 min session with another couple guys where you run a mock meeting based on materials you receive the day before. Feedback on interview within a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were forced to overcome a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

There were two other candidates also present for interviews. The receptionist greeted us and we waited in the waiting area for around 20-30 minutes.
    We were taken into separate breakout rooms, and interviewed one-on-one with three executives (Sales). Each interview lasted about 30 minutes, but all three asked around the same questions. After 1.5 hours of interviewing, we were free to leave.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 1 hour presentation of the role, a half hour phone screen and then 5 interviews all with sales managers, directors and HR. Though everyone was nice, five hours of interviewing was a bit exhausting. The standard questions were what are your career goals? Walk me through your resume.etc. However, most of the interview focused on selling and relationship building skills. Several give me an example of questions- leadership, dealing with a difficult employee, an accomplishment your most proud of etc. They also asked several relationship based selling questions- What tactics do you use to build relationships with customers etc. I have a bacground in sales so this part wasn't very difficult. I didn't receive an offer but I think it was mainly becauwe I didn't display enough passion for tech and the company. Even if you have relevant experience I think this is extremely important to them

Interview Questions

• What do you have that all of the other top candidates don't have if you take out, background, experience, leadership, customer passion and most everything else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Quick after shortlisted. Hiring mgr/team put in a lot of work to put together the onsite interview. All interviewers were prepared and addressed specific areas of the role. Friendly people and put me at ease immediately. Hiring mgr and recruiter spent time preparing me for the day.

Interview Questions

• The interview which isn't on the agenda and not prep'd for. You get there only if you get the thumbs up from all the previous interviews.   Answer Question