Microsoft Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

3.4

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Had a phone interview in November 2016, did not hear back results until January 2017 with an email saying that I got to final round interviews. They flew me out to Seattle, WA and the interviews were at the Microsoft campus in Redmond, WA. I had 2 interviews, one 1-on-1 interviews where I was asked several questions on my resume and questions that would span off of something on my resume. I then had a 2-on-1 interview/presentation. They had asked me mostly questions on my resume and my experiences.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied via the careers website, then reached out to the recruiter at my college. Ultimately I was brought onsite for a formal interview. Whole process took 6 weeks. The recruiters were very helpful and made sure I was getting all the necessary information throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Here's a list a numbers. Write code to put it in a binary tree   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was found on LinkedIn. I followed up via email and provided my resume to a hiring manager or two. After scheduling an interview, I spoke on the phone with a recruiter. After the phone call, no subsequent conversations followed. I was not offered a job.

Interview Questions

• "If you were to explain the internet to your grandmother, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Approach a Microsoft guy at the career fair. Few weeks later got an e-mail saying that they would like to schedule an on-campus interview. Here, they ask you a basic question about your resume, and why do you want to work for Microsoft. After four weeks got an email that they want to fly me out to Seattle for an all-day interview process. The process itself is pretty tiring but they pay for everything, which is nice, and all people are really nice to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I first interviewed for the position at the conference and then I was lucky enough to make it to the second round. I was flown out to Redmond and was given a rental car, hotel room, and meal compensation. The interviewers were spilt from morning to afternoon and I got morning. It was an interesting process since it was 4 interviews back to back starting from 8am to 12pm. Each interview lasts about 45 mins each and then followed by a break time. One of the interviews was a presentation. The questions are behavioural with a twist. I enjoyed the questions because they were not the normal "tell me about a time..." but more engaging. I only ran into one interviewer who really tested me about the industry and my side projects. Overall I really enjoyed my experience and hope to interview with them again for full time.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was called for a phone screen and was asked simple technical questions and some questions about my resume. Then I was flown out to the Microsoft campus where I had 4 separate interviews with current employees. One of those is a 30 minute oral presentation on a topic of your choice. Don't let that scare you and make sure it's on a topic you're actually interested about so it's easier to talk forever. I was told the results within a week of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

I had a phone interview that was about 45 minutes. It went well with brain teasers and behavioral/fit questions.

I was brought to Redmond, Washington to do an interview with 4 people. My first was strictly behavioral, my second I gave a presentation. This was definitely a harder interview as he asked a lot of the tough questions. The third was a case study and the fourth was another behavioral/fit.

Everyone was really great throughout the interview process and they had other MACH people to talk to in between interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain the Internet as if you were explaining it to your grandmother. Explain the cloud to a CEO in an elevator.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

4 interviewers, each with a variety of questions and conversation starters. Pretty intense process, but still laid back. Each person had a different role at a different business unit.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a number of questions about how I would remodel a house to see my thought process/problem solving approach.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First interview on campus. Very easy nothing hard just questions about your resume. Second interview they flew me up to Texas and had an interview at their office. 4 interviews, was there 12 to 6. They like to ask a lot of situational questions and put you in a spot where you can't think quick enough to see how you would handle the pressure.

Interview Questions

• They asked to prepare a 20 min presentation couple of days before the interview.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Initially contacted via University Recruiting and invited to come to University campus for 30 min interview. This first interview was strictly behavioral, mostly just a screening. Was then invited to fly out for the final round of interviews. Had 4 back to back interviews and was asked to present a 20 minute presentation on something I am passionate about. Then heard back within 3 days of interviewing and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about the embedded system within a Coke Freestyle machine, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation