Microsoft Interview Questions in Beijing, Beijing | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

3.3

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in April 2017.

Interview

First I submit the application online. After about 2 months I received an email which aim to arrange an interview with me. 2 days later went the interview. Unfortunately I didn't pass the first round. But the interviewer is kind and I learnt a lot during the preparation.

Interview Questions

• The question is to implement the pick k nearest items from a database. Give some acceleration tips for the situation.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in December 2016.

Interview

One week after I submitting the resume, there was a telephone interview from talent source for some general questions. At the same week I got an face-to-face technical interview from the employer department, which I failed.

Interview Questions

• How to separate 3 barrels of 8L oil, providing you have 3 empty barrels and endless oils? (I forget the capacity of barrels)   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2016.

Interview

This interview has three rounds.First round has a code question and a IQ test.And the second round has two leetcode problems.And the third round has two leetcode problems. Machine learing questions are asked in all threee rounds, such as logistic regression, decision tree.The interviews are kindly. The environment of Microsoft is really good.

Interview Questions

• leetcode Regular Expression Matching
      leetcode Queue Reconstruction by Height
      leetcode Clone Graph
      leetcode Kth Largest Element in an Array
      1 Answer

APAC Trade Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Microsoft Recruiter on Linkedin. After e-mailing back and forth a few times, we arranged a phone Interview, and then another two following that, so 3 phone Interviews in total, then a face to face Interview. The person interviewing me face to face had not even seen my resume ? Seems like a total rookie move on Microsofts part.

The Interview went ok, she explained the Microsoft APAC Trade program, I asked many questions about the Trade Program - the Interview lasted about 1 1/2 hours. She did not really ask me alot of questions, just explaining how things went at Microsoft, and me asking her questions.

Interview Questions

• She asked me what kind of job experience I am looking for, and how I will be a leader at Microsoft if chosen ?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in November 2015.

Interview

After six rounds interview, final failed. The position in STC at Beijing, I passed a on phone interview, then assigned three rounds onsite technical interview. After them, I had another technical interview and the AA interview. But even I finished this progress, still failed. I guess maybe I'm not good enough to beyond others.

In fact, If you didn't have interview which not in the plan they give you, you was failed. Even you was finished whole progress, you still need better than other candidate.

Research Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

An engineer asked me about the computer fundamentals, and then a researcher asked me the details of my research work as well as some coding problems. They were very nice and it was a nice experience. The interview was not so hard, but I was expected to have a good understanding of computer science and algorithms. I was also expected to have some experiences of research.

Interview Questions

• difference between threads and processes, sorting algorithms, memcpy and its corner cases.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

location in beijing,there about 100+ people are waiting in a room.
    three or four round of interveiw.
    first round, ask unionSet problem.than ask time space complexity,and could be more effcience?
    sec round,1) heapSort;
    third round,given a list like a->b->d->e->f->g,turn it around like d->b->a->g->f->e

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

6 rounds of interview in total
    1 HR recruiter interview over phone
    2-3 technical interview about coding, design and technology and some behavior questions
    1 hiring manager interview
    this is usually easy as to this point, the overall comment on you should be positive.
    1 manager interview
    at this point, you pretty much beat most of the candidates. just a few to go through.
    this is usually easy as well since the big boss may do most of the talk here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much of negotiation. everything is already set in paper

Activity Organizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2014.

Interview

The whole interview process last about three weeks. I applied through an employee referral. At first, the intern gave me phone call and asked me about some basic background questions. And then, the group leader gave me phone call and asked me questions according to my resume. Next, the program manager interviewed me on telephone. Finally, the intern emailed me two tasks as final interview.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

Not sure if I am the only one, but the process of applying the position is not a happy one. The HR is not professional in terms of setting up interview schedule. I got last minute notice that the interview was rescheduled to another day with another interviewer, in a different location, without even providing the exact address of the office. There was no apology at all. I am very disappointed at the quality of the Microsoft's HR, who didn't show any respect to applicants.