Microsoft Interview Questions in Bellevue, WA | Glassdoor

3.3

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

After getting accepted and invited to come to campus after a phone interview. The on campus interview was an all day experience. Assigned a TAM chaperone who met me in the morning, had lunch with me and escorted me out at the end of the day. Also helped shepherd me between my 3 interviews. The first interview was more about me and what I have done and what I want to do. The second was more technical in nature. The third was more interpersonal interaction with a manager and role play with "clients".

Software Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied to Microsoft on their careers page. Got a call after 2 months from the date of applying. The interview process took 3 weeks time. I interviewed at Bellevue, WA in June 2017.

After a brief chat with the recruiter, she setup a technical phone interview. The question was trivial, but with a twist, making it interesting. The interviewer was helpful and guided me towards a solution. I managed to get a suitable solution which cracked the problem.

After clearing the telephonic round, I was called onsite. Microsoft is huge in Seattle and you may get awestruck by their infrastructure in the area(It was my first time in Seattle as well!). I was scheduled to meet 4 team members. From the interview panel, two people ask core technical whiteboard coding questions while the other two ask design questions.

My first interview was with a Senior Software Engineer. He asked me a coding question that is fairly popular on Leetcode/CTCI etc. I managed to reach the solution. The interviewer was impressed. My next interview was with a Senior Engineering Manager. He asked me a design/coding problem which I had seen for the first time. I managed to reach a respectable solution. Next was the interview with a Software Engineer 2 who was also my lunch buddy. He asked me a design question, I managed to design a Java solution for this. He was happy with it.

Lastly, I was called for the final round. This was the toughest interview of all. I came up with an iterative solution for the problem. It worked well, but then the interviewer asked to come up with a recursive solution with optimized time complexity. I managed to write the recursive solution after taking some time and scratching my head around the problem. But, it is worth mentioning, all the interviewers try to take you towards a solution, they help and guide you. They want the solution to be with good time and space complexities and also ask you to give some test cases for your solution.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate if you have a counter offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

First 4 interviewers have to say YES in order to get qualified for the AA (as appropriate) interview, which was completely casual and had a good chat. Microsoft don't provide sign on bonus by default, but can be negotiated. If you have a counter offer (which I did, from my current employer), much better for negotiation.

Interview Questions

• 1 Phone screen + 5 face to face (4 technical + 1 AA)
      A question on backtracking, binary search tree, binary search and a common caching question.
      Leetcode - Medium to hard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

First they will conduct a technical phone screen and then if you make if past the phone screen you will go to an onsite. Be sure to use cracking the coding interview when prepping my question was taken from the book and was slightly modified. Not a difficult interview and the recruiter will give you plenty of hints. Just be patient with yourself and relax. I think I overstressed myself over it and just had a bad day. Trust that you know your stuff if you've prepared, they're not trying to trick you.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience? How did you contribute to the product?   Answer Question
    • Compress a string with no external storage such as a HashMap.   Answer Question

Senior Privacy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager before the job was posted. After it was posted, I worked directly with the recruiter to arrange travel and an interview schedule. I had several phone interviews, but only one in-person interview.
    After an on-campus lunch, I met with the hiring manager who told me the interview structure required the process to stop if any interviewers had hesitation. One person was unsure if I was the right fit for the role, which stopped the process.
    I was given good feedback concerning my interview and responses, and will use the advice during future interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you received a suspicious email?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I had two phone screens with data scientists currently at Microsoft. I found the questions of average difficulty but after completing all the questions in both interviews I was not brought in for an onsite. I had the feeling that specific methods for answering the questions was desired.

Interview Questions

• Discuss how to randomly select a sample from a product user population.   1 Answer

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The first stage of the interview process was a skype call interview with two members of the team, an experienced designer, and the principal designer. We talked about one project on my portfolio and what I knew about the product. A week later, I had about 1 hour of an in-person interview that I have to present in a group other projects on my portfolio, and a 1-hour lunch interview with more questions related to the UX field.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through this project in your website?   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a referral sent in by a friend and had a phone screen with the manager (mostly questions about the team and my past experience, followed by a quick coding question). Followed by about a month of inactivity and then was brought in to an onsite with 4 people (3 engineers, 1 manager) and a lunch at the cafeteria. Each round involved talking about personal projects and experience, followed by a technical question and a demo of the team's product in several cases. Surprised by a 5th interviewer pop up at the end who seemed unaware of me and was on his phone and walked off in the middle to get tea. Maybe this was a test to see how I would respond? Was called a couple days later with a negotiable offer, only minor problems with difficulty getting hold of the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Given 4 coins of values 1, 5, 10, and 20, find all the combinations of coins that can add up to K.   2 Answers
    • Create a button menu using Javascript.   1 Answer
    • Find ways to insert data collection in Javascript events.   1 Answer
    • Given a linked list, put all the odd elements in lexicographical order list in front of the even elements in lexicographical order in place.   1 Answer
    • Design chess using OOP.   1 Answer

Principal Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online got a call from HR(who was pretty professional and nice) and was scheduled for an interview in 2 days. I immediately had a feeling that the interviewer was absolutely not interested in either conducting the interview or had already made up his mind not to select the candidate. He asked me a very basic question, which I did in 40mins with test case and all but it is now a m9nth and have not heard back from them. The HR should have at least had the courtesy to give a feedback. I suggest having two or more people on the phone interview panel so that people can not manipulate the process of hiring talented and hardworking candidates.

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I thought the whole process was very smooth and was clearly defined ahead of time. The recruiter was very helpful making sure I was prepared for the process. The actual series of interviews was very rigorous, but allowed me to learn about the team, culture, and expectations in order to make an informed decision.

Interview Questions

• Series of behavioral questions to see how I would approach different problems.   1 Answer