Microsoft Interview Questions in Bengaluru | Glassdoor

3.6

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

It took me 1 day at MS Office.

There were 2 rounds and both were on algorithm and data structures.

1st round was tricky and 2nd was medium.

What I noticed was both the interviewers were not interested in knowing me, they didn't ask me anything about myself. (Questions like an introduction, my experience, projects, nothing)

They came and wrote a question on paper that's it. The interviewer was so busy, he didn't seat continuously, he was roaming around and coming back. In the first round, I tried my best to give the answer on tricky questions (one was based on DP approach and other was logical), My answers were satisfactory (verified it on geeksforgeeks.com ) , but it seemed he was not in the mood.
    Advice: If you don't want to hire a candidate and judge them properly, don't invite and waste their time and efforts.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Shortened loop due to a prior experience and a referral. 5 onsite interview rounds including 4 technical and a culture fit round. Overall the questions were creative and not the usual leetcode variants. The interviewers were more focussed on making sure I had experience designing large scale distributed systems.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design a tiny url service.
      2. Describe technology trends that will disrupt the industry in the coming years.
      3. Back of the napkin calculation on number of Google drive users in the world? How would you relate to known data and extra polate?
      4. Design a analytics stream pipeline for microsoft exchange server logs that are highly sensitive in nature and include PII? The catch here was to design such that data does not leave the source. I however, designed with data anonymization leaving the source and traveling through a pipeline of independent systems loosely connected with a messaging system which did not solve the problem 100%.
      5. Design a logging utility, major interfaces and class diagram.
      6. Design a Devops utility tool to allow resource allocation and automated deploy and rollback of software components. I had read the Google Borg paper, so I just picked salient features from there. This interview stretched to a hour and a half and went into great details of choice of tech stack to solving interesting questions on resource allocation. The interviewer was very bright.
      7. Culture fit round mostly included questions on past experience and leadership skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated position, base salary, joining bonus and stocks

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Multi Level interview driven by a structured and outcome oriented process. Starting from planning and scheduling to post interview feedback were handled very well. Compensation and benefits discussion and explanations provided were top class. The process ended with a final round of discussion with the then Head of India.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Total 4 rounds. Specific to your role and technology questions.
    More of database related and BI stuff. few questions around design and few around Automation
    Few questions around your current Project. Few questions on Problem solving and mainly focused on data structures.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

When HR contacted, it was for the Data Scientits position. When I appeared for the interview, they started testing on Data Engineering related skills. Even HR had no clue. I had to backout from the process. Poor Experience!

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Application

Interview

This was for CRM team. After being offered at Microsoft once this process was repeated again since they could not process due to location constraint(was offered for Hyderabad). The second interview panel was totally horrid compared to the Hyderabad panel. The interviewers were least interested in the approach of solving problem. They wanted answers to problem solving type of questions without discussing approach or applying data structure to solve . Point blank. The interviewer after giving a vague problem statement then disappeared for an hour and post coming back complained that the question was different . I guess rather not attend such interviews and waste time. especially for this team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write an algorithm to create a English Dictionary beyond using hash table. What is algorithm that has to be created.   3 Answers

Manager, Business Analytics & Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had expected to go through the intense loop interview process to showcase my technical and business-knowledge rigor on 4th March for a team being set up in Hyderabad. Disappointed that "after going prepared to spend an entire Saturday to face multiple panels (lot of senior members from Redmond team, that's what the HR consultant had told me) I met only one person who asked zero technical questions in the field of analytics or data science but only had some customary questions". After pretty informal 15 mins conversation they said they will schedule further telephonic interviews if the feedback is positive. It was as if they had decided whom to hire and the interviews were just a hogwash. This is a common practice indulged in by a majority of twin-birth community leadership across Indian corporate sector "with a few exceptions". They just choose the best among their candidates. Just dumbfounded to witness this practice creeping within Microsoft. Not sure if Google and Amazon have also been infected with these bigoted characters. Since names in India indicate "Religion", "Caste" and possibly linguistic background, simply relying on the interviewer's conscience and ability to adhere to corporate ethics to overcome their deep-rooted inherent bias/partiality is similar to expecting a dog not to jump on a bone lying in front of it.

This is not to target someone's background, but my honest feedback based on my years' of experience with MNC leaderships in India. Couple of suggestions to combat this:

One could record all interviews and review them on a random sampling method later by different senior members from other geographies.

Adopt something similar to "The Double Blind Experiment" method used mainly in Pharma sector to avoid researcher's bias. We may have to tweak it appropriately to filter out "Interviewer's Bias".

Interview Questions

• Some standard behavioral questions like how will you manage if there are competing deliverables within same timeline.   2 Answers

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was very easy, just go unprepared. Be positive, prepare to yammer like a hawk. Use good english, technical knowledge is not mandatory since it is a call center. If you have a good english, you will easily go through.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

I had applied online through Naukri, recruiter provided me test links that can be attended from Home
    1st Round : MCQ based on HackerRank (45 mins)
    2nd Round : Coding Problems on HackerRank (120 mins)

Waiting for my 2nd round result .

Interview Questions

• Que based on BST, string manipulation (coding), MVC, SQL Queries   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Microsoft India Global Delivery(IGD)

My resume was by shortlisted from naukri.com and i had appeared the online test conducted by cocubes.com on 31st July 2016. The online test duration was of 95 minutes.
    1. Aptitude:40 minutes

13.software Engineering
    14.microprocessors

Written English Test:
    ____________________

write 200 to 300 words on ~"Internet connectivity to everyone -- is a 'gift' or 'curse' "

After clearing the written round they called personally to inform the result within 5 days and discussed about the next round. As per your discussion they schedule the next round of technical interview. This process took 20 days. My interview was on 20th Aug at Microsoft office, Bangalore.
    The technical interview was of 1 hour duration.

Interview Questions

• They asked to explain the recent project that in have worked on.
      (Which took 20 minutes )

then They focused on the skills i had mentioned in the resume.

i was asked to grade myself in those skills   3 Answers