Microsoft Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

there were 2 people interviewing for two similar positions at the same time. One of them was very intimidating. the other one was the total opposite. the intimidating person kept acting like he was the best at everything, which I later found out he was also human, and lots of mistakes were made. but I learned a lot from the interview, and the job itself.

Interview Questions

• experience, strengths, weaknesses, why Microsoft, why did you leave the previous job.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Five rounds of interview process mostly of excel written test, excel questions asked buy the interviewer, SQL test, Aptitude test, personality development round, one on one with three different managers, power point presentation, situation round, etc..

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2007.

Interview

Microsoft has a very thorough and intense interviewing/hiring process. You're interviewed by recruiters, managers and several team members. Essentially, if you make it past the recruiters, the primary focus is on whether you fit with the team. For some technical positions, there may be some specific technical questions, but “fit” on the team is usually more critical. You will be asked many scenario questions. Each person who interviews you will be expected to immediately fill out a review and rating of the interview. On some teams, if even one member records a negative or “no hire” rating, you will not be hired. Be prepared for a very long day.
    For the most part, those members of the company participating in the interview process are pleasant and professional. They have been carefully trained to not give away any indication of their positive or negative responses to the candidate's interview responses. They tend to avoid discussions of the culture or will make it sound much more positive and supportive than it actually is.
    Once the interview process is complete, the actual negotiation and hiring phase is fairly short.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will negotiate but some managers choose not to. One of their negotiation tools is stock options in leiu of pay. Be careful. They vest at 20% per year and are based on the price at EOD on your hire date.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Multi Level interview driven by a structured and outcome oriented process. Starting from planning and scheduling to post interview feedback were handled very well. Compensation and benefits discussion and explanations provided were top class. The process ended with a final round of discussion with the then Head of India.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Paris (France)) in May 2013.

Interview

Conférence avec via un cabinet de chasse puis passage de 4 entretiens:
    Manager direct: celui qui recrute
    Manager autre: équivalent du manager recrutant
    N+2
    pair: homologue pour voir dans quelle mesure la personnalité s'inscrirait dans l'équipe

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Got the interview through a recruiter. Phone interview and on person interview with recruiter. After interviewing with recruiter was pulled in to interview with hiring manager. Came onto campus. The interview is 30 mins long. Got the job the next day

Interview Questions

• How do you priority your work   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2012.

Interview

For the Escalation Analyst position I had to go through a personal interview with the Manager , and then a role play on the phone where I would deal with an "angry" customer and send an email afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation you experienced
      Why should I give you the job ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Guaynabo, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Guaynabo, PR) in December 2015.

Interview

Great interview with the controller, very friendly and proactive. The employer told me, he was looking for employees with great leadership and teamwork skills. Microsoft is very multi-cultural work environment and the employees are happy workers.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you and not the other interviewed candidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone interview then in-person interview

Interview Questions

• Name a project wher you were not sucessful   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negociation

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview

General phone screen before on-site interview. I was told there were multiple candidates for this position but I was one of their top. After waiting 2 weeks+ I finally received an update that they were pursuing internal candidates before external.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your tasks (x, y, z)? Why do you want to work for Microsoft? Very generalized questions.   Answer Question