Microsoft Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Multi Level interview driven by a structured and outcome oriented process. Starting from planning and scheduling to post interview feedback were handled very well. Compensation and benefits discussion and explanations provided were top class. The process ended with a final round of discussion with the then Head of India.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Paris (France)) in May 2013.

Interview

Conférence avec via un cabinet de chasse puis passage de 4 entretiens:
    Manager direct: celui qui recrute
    Manager autre: équivalent du manager recrutant
    N+2
    pair: homologue pour voir dans quelle mesure la personnalité s'inscrirait dans l'équipe

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Got the interview through a recruiter. Phone interview and on person interview with recruiter. After interviewing with recruiter was pulled in to interview with hiring manager. Came onto campus. The interview is 30 mins long. Got the job the next day

Interview Questions

• How do you priority your work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

there were 2 people interviewing for two similar positions at the same time. One of them was very intimidating. the other one was the total opposite. the intimidating person kept acting like he was the best at everything, which I later found out he was also human, and lots of mistakes were made. but I learned a lot from the interview, and the job itself.

Interview Questions

• experience, strengths, weaknesses, why Microsoft, why did you leave the previous job.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Five rounds of interview process mostly of excel written test, excel questions asked buy the interviewer, SQL test, Aptitude test, personality development round, one on one with three different managers, power point presentation, situation round, etc..

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

In person interview with a panel of three people asking questions (typical questions). The interview itself was approx 30-40 min. Typical questions included, how much experience do you have with Access, Excel, PowerPivot, etc, why did you select this job, why do you want to work at Microsoft, Tell me about yourself. The interview staff were the direct Managers I would be reporting to. They also described what it is like to work at Microsoft and long-term placement opportunities as well.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2012.

Interview

For the Escalation Analyst position I had to go through a personal interview with the Manager , and then a role play on the phone where I would deal with an "angry" customer and send an email afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation you experienced
      Why should I give you the job ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Guaynabo, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Guaynabo, PR) in December 2015.

Interview

Great interview with the controller, very friendly and proactive. The employer told me, he was looking for employees with great leadership and teamwork skills. Microsoft is very multi-cultural work environment and the employees are happy workers.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you and not the other interviewed candidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews. This was a contract position though a vendor. I spoke with the manager I would be reporting to as well as one of his peers. They walked through my resume and asked about some experiences I had at my previous employers. Nothing difficult or challenging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Very standard questions from HR, like give me an example of your team work. Give me an example when someone don't agree with you. For the presentation period, it gives two projects to choose and ask your decision and why.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is only an intern job so not too much unexpected, too help you relax, the company has introduction round to keep you calm