Microsoft Business Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Business Manager Interview Questions

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very smooth, well outlined, structured, but long.
Had 2 phone screens followed by an informal meeting with hiring manager, after which I received a full day interview loop call. On the day of interview loop, each interview was close to an hour long, with an hour break in between. Interviewers were cordial and considerate, had a smooth and enriching experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Resume related, specific details on past projects, insightful questions on work ethics and ability to form partnerships, technical skills, reasons for and extent of interest in this position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was referred to the hiring manager by a mutual colleague. I exchanged e-mails with, and subsequently scheduled an interview time directly with the hiring manager over e-mail. I arrived for the interview as scheduled, but the interviewer was out of the office, so we rescheduled. We ultimately met at the newly scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Microsoft moves quickly and is very professional throughout the process. I was contacted by a staffing consultant and within a week I had a phone interview. During the phone interview, I was told that I would be brought in for what Microsoft calls a "loop." A loop entails an in-person round of interviews. As I understand, the loop is progressive: So long as your interviews are going well, they add more to your schedule for that day. The final interview, should the candidate make it this far, would be an "As-Appropriate" with the lead of the team. From being contacted by the staffing consultant to concluding the in-person "loop" and receiving an offer took about 10 days.

Interview Questions

• I had a few logic questions thrown my way. One person asked me to explain the moon cycles. He was more interested in my logic than in the exactness of my science.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

The process took a few weeks. After the inital call with HR I didn't hear back for a couple of weeks before being called in for a round of interviews because the manager had been traveling. The process took all day with hours of time in between to spare. I had to navigate myself around campus. It is not the same as it use to be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about someone else you know in this position and what the did wrong.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

Went through 3 phone screens (1 by the hiring manager/director of the group), 2 by recruiters/HR people.

Then went in for in-person interviews that were split across different days because of interviewer availability.
    Standard behavioral questions (tell me a time when..., etc.), nothing too heavy.

They ended up going with an internal candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in February 2009.

Interview

Microsoft interviews are strongly socialized - the process and (type of) questions are surprisingly uniform. Typically, there are 4-5 interviewers, plus the hiring manager, if you're considered a strong candidate. These group opinions are very powerful in the hiring process - it's extremely rare that a manager overrules the panel, even when privately, the manager may indicate that he or she would have hired the candidate based on their own read. (Bad hires eventually count against all the interviewers...)

Interview Questions

• MS interviewers are 'trained' not to lead the interviewee by asking questions that reveal information - most of the questions tend to be a bit banal - "where have you succeeeded, failed, what did you learn?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in February 2008.

Interview

Great experience overall. Recruiter was extremely professional and on top of the details. Interview consisted of 7 different interviewers - maybe too many? - but don't know enough about group dynamics to know for sure. Be prepared, anticipate the tough questions, and know it's a long interview day. Smart people who want to figure out if you fit the culture.

Interview Questions

Wrong time to leave current position.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Numerous rounds of interviews with staff at different levels in the company. Expect a lot of repetition at each stage. You will encounter vary levels of preparedness of staff who interview you as many of them would have been pulled into the interview loop without having asked. Combination of phone and intense interview day with three or four folks in a row is pretty standard for more senior roles.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Reasonably swift 1-2 weeks.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process at Microsoft is reasonably long with up to 6 interviewers on the loop. Interviews are fairly tough and focus on competencies and open ended questions. At times feedback can be fairly limited and the time between interviews can leave you feeling a little in the dark and frustrated. Overall, the process is fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach your first 180 days to deliver success in role?   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

Telephone Interview with HR, then telephone interview with hiring manager. Long gap to next interview (4months) and then 3 face to face interviews back to back, including the out going BM. Offer made within 7 days with an expectation to start within 30 days.

Interview Questions

• No one question was difficult but most questions were reasonably ambiguous with no right or wrong answer. Scenario driven questions highlighted an overly product oriented approach.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was very fast. A little room for salary, no room on benefits. Key to negotiating at MSFT is to understand the band of the role.