Microsoft Interview Questions in China | Glassdoor

Microsoft Interview Questions in China

Updated Jan 17, 2017

3.2

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2016.

Interview

This interview has three rounds.First round has a code question and a IQ test.And the second round has two leetcode problems.And the third round has two leetcode problems. Machine learing questions are asked in all threee rounds, such as logistic regression, decision tree.The interviews are kindly. The environment of Microsoft is really good.

Interview Questions

• leetcode Regular Expression Matching
      leetcode Queue Reconstruction by Height
      leetcode Clone Graph
      leetcode Kth Largest Element in an Array

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wuxi, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Wuxi, Jiangsu (China)) in June 2016.

Interview

1. English oral test. You'll get a call from Shanghai to test your spoken English.
    2. Onsite interview. Several rounds of interviews. 1 interviewer at a time. Mainly asked about my working experience. Why I wanted to apply this position. They also gave me a material to study. It's to test my learning skill. But there is only few questions regarding the material.

APAC Trade Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Microsoft Recruiter on Linkedin. After e-mailing back and forth a few times, we arranged a phone Interview, and then another two following that, so 3 phone Interviews in total, then a face to face Interview. The person interviewing me face to face had not even seen my resume ? Seems like a total rookie move on Microsofts part.

The Interview went ok, she explained the Microsoft APAC Trade program, I asked many questions about the Trade Program - the Interview lasted about 1 1/2 hours. She did not really ask me alot of questions, just explaining how things went at Microsoft, and me asking her questions.

Interview Questions

• She asked me what kind of job experience I am looking for, and how I will be a leader at Microsoft if chosen ?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)) in April 2016.

Interview

I attended the internship interview of MS, China, There are three rounds of interviews, if you prepared well for algorithms, I think it's not hard to pass the interview.
    I applied online, and after I pass the online test, I get the opportunity to interview onsite.

Interview Questions

• interview 1:
      introduce my project and an algorithm problem about probability problem with big data.

interview 2:
      dynamic programming, bit-wise algorithms

interview 3:
      string problems, big file sorting, heap sorting and so on
      Answer Question

Negotiation

You can and should negotiate politely.

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in November 2015.

Interview

After six rounds interview, final failed. The position in STC at Beijing, I passed a on phone interview, then assigned three rounds onsite technical interview. After them, I had another technical interview and the AA interview. But even I finished this progress, still failed. I guess maybe I'm not good enough to beyond others.

In fact, If you didn't have interview which not in the plan they give you, you was failed. Even you was finished whole progress, you still need better than other candidate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

one round phone interview, behavior quesitons and one brain teaser
    four rounds on-site interview, typical algorithm problems and system design question. No OS, network or other architecture problems. Final round we discussed my interest and future assignments.
    Two days to decide whether to take the offer.

Interview Questions

• three bags with apples, bananas, mixed of apples and bananas, each of them has wrong label. Figure out an optimal way to find the proper label of these three bags
      min distance between two nodes in a tree
      lru design

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

FIrst I had a phone screen with a software achitect. I was considered for a job as Dev Lead but the process was re-directed toward PM for a number of factors. One was concern that my programming skills in the requisite technologies weren't up to standards. Another is the amount of industry experience and customer contact I've had during years as a consultant. After the phone screen, I was requested to travel and meet four interviewers in succession with a lunch break. The in-plant interview began at 10am.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a controller to do... (I think that interviewers have discretion on what they ask you to design.)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

location in beijing,there about 100+ people are waiting in a room.
    three or four round of interveiw.
    first round, ask unionSet problem.than ask time space complexity,and could be more effcience?
    sec round,1) heapSort;
    third round,given a list like a->b->d->e->f->g,turn it around like d->b->a->g->f->e

Research Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

An engineer asked me about the computer fundamentals, and then a researcher asked me the details of my research work as well as some coding problems. They were very nice and it was a nice experience. The interview was not so hard, but I was expected to have a good understanding of computer science and algorithms. I was also expected to have some experiences of research.

Interview Questions

• difference between threads and processes, sorting algorithms, memcpy and its corner cases.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

Interview

First stage: An online programming test, like a normal programming competition as codeforce or topcoder, problems are not so difficult.
    Second stage: 2 rounds, 1 hour for each phone screen interview, asking some basic computer science/coding questions.
    Final stage: On site interview, asking some algorithm, practical coding problem, have to write code on paper.