Microsoft Interview Questions in China | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

3.3

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SDE2 Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

One phone interview about projects and skills , 4 face to face interview about skills, 2 Boss interview about character and habit. At last the HR interview will confirm with you the base salary

Interview Questions

• Topological sort, N-gram, The Kth max value in array, DFS   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in June 2017.

Interview

I have applied online. after 3 weeks HR guy called me and setup phone interview time. On that day a technical guy were asking many questions related to Data Structure and Algorithm. at the end he said my interview result is positive and they are happy to see me at headquarter for face to face interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewer will first let you introduce yourself briefly, and then he will ask you a few questions about your resume, like the project details you did. And then start the algorithm questions. Normally one interview will have only one to two questions, and will last for about 1 hour. And it takes me three interviews to get this internship.

Interview Questions

• write a function to turn int to string and another function to turn string to int. I.e. intToString(int n) and stringToInt(string s)   2 Answers

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had the interview online since I was in another country. I had an initial skype interview online with a senior program manager. That interview was conducted in English and was rather standard as she went through my resume and ask some questions. The second and third interviews were really intense as the interviewers asking many tough design questions. Not sure how well I did, but the interview was quite stressful. I am still awaiting the decision, I will leave the status as no offer for now

Interview Questions

• What kind of metric would you use to measure user engagements?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in April 2017.

Interview

First I submit the application online. After about 2 months I received an email which aim to arrange an interview with me. 2 days later went the interview. Unfortunately I didn't pass the first round. But the interviewer is kind and I learnt a lot during the preparation.

Interview Questions

• The question is to implement the pick k nearest items from a database. Give some acceleration tips for the situation.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Microsoft (Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)) in April 2017.

Interview

ask basic embedded interface like SPI, IIC, and algorithm to sort data, then ask very detail about the projects I have done before. c++ 11 stranded library .

Interview Questions

• how to debug if a IIC slave device not work   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in December 2016.

Interview

One week after I submitting the resume, there was a telephone interview from talent source for some general questions. At the same week I got an face-to-face technical interview from the employer department, which I failed.

Interview Questions

• How to separate 3 barrels of 8L oil, providing you have 3 empty barrels and endless oils? (I forget the capacity of barrels)   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2016.

Interview

This interview has three rounds.First round has a code question and a IQ test.And the second round has two leetcode problems.And the third round has two leetcode problems. Machine learing questions are asked in all threee rounds, such as logistic regression, decision tree.The interviews are kindly. The environment of Microsoft is really good.

Interview Questions

• leetcode Regular Expression Matching
      leetcode Queue Reconstruction by Height
      leetcode Clone Graph
      leetcode Kth Largest Element in an Array   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wuxi, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Wuxi, Jiangsu (China)) in June 2016.

Interview

1. English oral test. You'll get a call from Shanghai to test your spoken English.
    2. Onsite interview. Several rounds of interviews. 1 interviewer at a time. Mainly asked about my working experience. Why I wanted to apply this position. They also gave me a material to study. It's to test my learning skill. But there is only few questions regarding the material.

APAC Trade Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Microsoft Recruiter on Linkedin. After e-mailing back and forth a few times, we arranged a phone Interview, and then another two following that, so 3 phone Interviews in total, then a face to face Interview. The person interviewing me face to face had not even seen my resume ? Seems like a total rookie move on Microsofts part.

The Interview went ok, she explained the Microsoft APAC Trade program, I asked many questions about the Trade Program - the Interview lasted about 1 1/2 hours. She did not really ask me alot of questions, just explaining how things went at Microsoft, and me asking her questions.

Interview Questions

• She asked me what kind of job experience I am looking for, and how I will be a leader at Microsoft if chosen ?   1 Answer