Microsoft Community Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Community Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

This was a job on a team that manages the online communities for several video games at Microsoft. I am more than overqualified for the position, but it's a rough economy and I need to pay bills so I was happy to interview for the contract.

There were probably three phone screens with the agency (Volt) who had the contract before I spoke to the hiring manager. The manager was a nice enough person but he told me frankly that he was flooded with many overqualified candidates and there was no way he could hire more than one person. The interview was very easy. We just spoke about video games, community management and the IP he managed. The main feedback I'd give is that Volt did not even prepare me (in all of those calls and e-mails) for the correct job listing! I was told this was for one particular game, so I went out and bought that game... learned it, did my homework, and prepped myself with questions and info pertaining to *that* game - only to find out the job was really to manage that game as well as half a dozen other games that I'd never been told about and had to answer questions on the spot.

In the end, I did not get an offer. He had a very large pool of candidates and I am guessing went with someone he could pay at the lower range of his budget.

Interview Questions

• questions based on IP I had not heard of   6 Answers