Microsoft Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and final round interview in Redmond, Washington. Both interviews in the final round were about 45 minutes to a hour. The first interview was a standard behavioral interview. The second interview I gave a 10 minute presentation to two employees. After that they asked me strategic and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What feature would add to Excel?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a university interview for 30 minutes. Basic behavioral and coding questions. Invited to a final round interview - two 45 minute interviews. One included a 10 minute presentation on something I am passionate about. The other questions included a mix of behavioral and resume based questions. They were more so looking to have a conversation with you and to see if you would be a good fit for Microsoft. My interviewers really just wanted to get to know me and what sparks my interests.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Denver, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews, one was highly technical. I was really glad I had technical reference materials handy for this part. Three on-site interviews were very intense, each 50 minutes long. They fed me lunch and said after lunch there could be more interviews after lunch. After lunch they said I was good to go and that was it.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions about specific people issues like difficult customers and handling disagreements in groups.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked if they could do a little better than the initial offer, they came back with more and it was done. Painless.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irvine, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Best bring your A game, Microsof doesn't mess around when it comes to interviews. Even if you've made it to "finals days" you can still fail & many do. The process should feel more like a friendly discussion vs. an interrogation. You will be extensively questioned about your experience history.

Interview Questions

• What are some fundamental differences between Java & .NET?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everything is negotiable including salary & title.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irvine, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Half a day, consists of 4 1-on-1 interviews

Interview Questions

• techniques for retrieving data fast from the web   1 Answer
    • handling clients requests   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward, got a bonus for accepting a low-ball which was a mistake

Consultant Interview

Interview

Skype interview. Good communication with the recluiter. Not pretty hard questions, specially for professional and academic information. Keep in touch for future offer. Very good job explanation and oportunities to check, depending of each candidate resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• why do you want todo job at Microsoft?   1 Answer
    • What do you miss from your career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Future offer. Negotiation phase will be un a couple of months.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Vellore (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

1)Written Round:aptitude questions that were easy.Lastly, there was an essay about a general topic to test overall intelligence. :)
    2)Set of 4 interviews, 3 technical rounds and 1 HR round
    Each interview was taken by a single person and interviewers were good,made us comfortable

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a very interview at the first and second stages with raised hopes from the second stage to be recommended to the next stage as I did well.

Heard nothing, then sent a follow-up email, after the 3 days response time, only for me to receive a reply the next day that I won't be progressing to the next stage...

Reason - they found a better candidate.

My take - I think there's a disconnect between HR(Outsourced Team) and Microsoft Technical Teams(Interviewers).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the role within MIcrosoft   Answer Question
    • What are the challenges and in which areas do you think Microsoft can improve more about the product?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in October 2015.

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was a four stage process with a hands on round. If you are being interviewed for a position at GD then you need to relax. The panel is usually confused about their requirement and as long as your concepts are clear and you speak confidently (even the wrong answers) you can get through.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about test plan, defect management, automation concepts and situational questions.   1 Answer