Microsoft Engagement Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Engagement Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.2

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The whole process was handled in a very professional manner. The recruiter had initial phone screening, and then setup in-person interviews (1 whole day). He also prepped m on what to expect during the day of the interview. The interviews were 1:1 discussions, and interviewers where very open in discussions. Most of the questions were expected. I believe there were 5 or 6 candidates interviewed on the same day for that position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a challenging situation with a client, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cairo (Egypt)) in March 2010.

Interview

Referrals works much better, however, there is really an equal opportunity for everyone who applies to a job. All candidates are considered. The main focus is for attitude & skills. The hiring cycle, usually takes time, sometimes up to 3 months from initial connection. Usually, you have an average of 4-6 interviews varying between technical & management

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in June 2011.

Interview

Good interview process

Interview Questions

• Explain in deep-details how the project was structured and managed   1 Answer

Company decided get internal recruitment

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2011.

Interview

Made it to 'Finals' day, which included 5 different 1:1 interviews. Exhausting, but good. Overall a great great experience with the entire recruiting process.

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2010.

Interview

I applied for a position that has been posted for three months, and got an email the same week. Arranged for a phone interview or "Discovery Interview" which took only 30 minutes. The interview was mainly to discuss my qualifications and similar to other types of interviews I've had in the past. The Recruiter did not seem to know much about the role when I asked for more information. He gave very limited generic answers. Have not heard back yet, but I will follow-up within the week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when one of your projects was delayed. What did you do to bring it back on track?   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in April 2010.

Interview

Process was driven very professionally by HR who took an active role thru out.
    I first met with the HR lead who then kicked off successive interviews with other stakeholders in the business. 3 further interviews were conducted. Interview approach was on the whole informal. Good balance of discussion between my experience, skills and my current and future interests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your 5 most recent failures in delivery management   Answer Question

Negotiation

Efficient. Make sure you are very clear on your wants and which of those are negotiable.

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Ban Phone Savang (Laos)).

Interview

Initially recruiter called for 40 min screening, a week later panel interview was scheduled with 4 persons and rescheduled again last min with different interviewers. I ended up speaking with only 2 interviewers. call was 10 min late, no apology and i tried to break the ice at the beginning but very cold start. Classic interview question, not even STAR question.

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Berlin (Germany)) in April 2016.

Interview

One of the best processes I went through. Very transparent on the steps and timelines. All meeting where scheduled quickly and on time. I showed flexibility on the interview location and was even flown in to another city. Great people who cared about me as a person and we're looking for a great fit. Great vibe already in this step.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate, as the offer provided exceeded my expectations and I was very happy with it.