Microsoft Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

3.3

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

My interview was many years ago. 7 rounds including head hunter, HR, hiring manager, peers, director and two colleagues from other team that I will work with.

No particular IQ question but more job related. My hiring manager was try IMG to ask question that I can't answer and monitor my response.

Interview Questions

• HR: what will you do when your manager wants you to do something or perform task that you don't agree upon ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Can't negotiate much . Offer about 10 percent more than previous package. It's Microsoft, the exposure and experience is more valuable.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Interview

The interviewer ask me some algorithm problems.
    These problems are sorting, traveling in a binary tree, and traveling in a single-linked list.
    The interviewer called me and tell me the problems orally.
    He opened a google document, and watch how I write programs.
    After I write the program, he asked the time complexity about the program.

Interview Questions

• How to find the most duplicated number in a array?
      For example, the array is [0, 9, 7, 8, 5, 6, 3, 0, 1, 0], the number 0 appear three times. The most duplicated number is 0.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2011.

Interview

First i cleared the written test that consisted of aptitude and technical test and got selected for interview

Interview Questions

• getting preorder traversal   1 Answer
    • getting posr-order traversal   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2011.

Interview

i applied the intern through their website. After 3 days, I was notified that I will get a phone interview. The phone interview is carried out by a HR, who did not ask any kind of technical question. All the questions she asked are background - related.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult problem you have ever met in your project?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2011.

Interview

They ask question like mathmatical puzzles.....they wanted to how i approach things or i can say how i react to things...it was for my internship 2011 summer.....
    4 rnds
    written
    tech written
    tech interview
    hr

Interview Questions

• lift design for a ten-storied building where no staircase is used by the residents   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft in December 2010.

Interview

Five rounds,
    All technical,Mangerial
    In depth knowledge of skill stes.
    Confidence level is a must.
    And dont give up atleast give it a try even thou u dont know.. but lil bit knowledge is required ans shud not be completely opposite.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its already very much frm my expectations so need o negotiate for my level of experience.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2010.

Interview

The campus recruiter contacted me after I submitted my resume in the job fair. They arranged a 1:1 interview on campus a month later. It's not a difficult one. The interviewer just asked general questions to know the interviewee. No coding was tested on this interview. 2 weeks later, the recruiter provided me an onsite interview opportunity. There were 5 interviewer plus a lunch interview. It's more about the algorithm, team working, testing, and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure that two results from a database query request are identical?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

three rounds of interviews. mainly asked from data structures, rdbms, and puzzles. and also from oops

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2010.

Interview

Complex

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation (atleast for an international hire) what is offered is what you get.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in July 2010.

Interview

Full day of interviews with different members of the team and different disciplines. Focus on my past knowledge and interest in the interviewer team and product. Interviewed with multiple teams, each team interview was 1 day. Some interviews required me to write code even thought the position was not for a developer. However, it was nothing to complex it was to show I understood the technical concepts.

Interview Questions

• Statics analysis question on how to deal cards for back jack at casino.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Advice: Have a clear bottom line that takes into account all your needs.