Microsoft Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

3.3

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2010.

Interview

Complex

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation (atleast for an international hire) what is offered is what you get.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in July 2010.

Interview

Full day of interviews with different members of the team and different disciplines. Focus on my past knowledge and interest in the interviewer team and product. Interviewed with multiple teams, each team interview was 1 day. Some interviews required me to write code even thought the position was not for a developer. However, it was nothing to complex it was to show I understood the technical concepts.

Interview Questions

• Statics analysis question on how to deal cards for back jack at casino.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Advice: Have a clear bottom line that takes into account all your needs.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft in June 2010.

Interview

Very well done and thorough. Treated well, asked back for 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain your weakness, and give specific example [note: yes, should not have been unexpected]   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of some behavioral based questions that I used the Star method to respond. There were also some traditional questions such as what are your weaknesses or strengths.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2010.

Interview

Take two hours for two rounds of interviews. For the first interview, it consists three parts: 1. self-introduction and some questions about your CV, 2. writing code 3. interesting topics. For the 2nd interview, it is mainly focus on the complexity of algorithms and coding. Finally, you can raise several questions. The interviewers are nice.

Interview Questions

• The student cards are 7 digit numbers, from 0000000 to 9999999. If they are not in order and I would like to make it in-order. I will give you 6 helpers, how will you help me to solve this problem and the complexity of solving this problem.   2 Answers

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft in December 2009.

Interview

First, got an email from HR for setting up a phone interview. HR gave a list of timeslots over two days and asked all timeslots I am available for the interview. Also HR asked me to fill-up a candidate interest form. After sending my free slots and the filled interest form, I got an email with my assigned slot and the interviewer name.
    Though that I mentioned 'Dev' as the first preference and 'Testing' as the second preference in the candidate interest form., I found out later in the interview that it was for a Testing position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your projects.   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose 'Development' as your first preference in the candidate interest form ?   Answer Question
    • Given an array of integers write a program to find two elements that sum up to a given no.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2009.

Interview

The interview was mainly behavioural and had little coding questions. I was given an array and asked to explain how to find a particular element from that array. Another question was if I could change any software I was presently working with, what would it be..

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2009.

Interview

I worked with a recruiter to set up interviews for an open position. I was provided with a list of interviewers and some of their information. My day involved 4 technical interviews and one with the "As Appropriate" person. Each interviewer has a copy of my resume and for some of the interviews we talked about things on my resume. Questions like whether there are specific problems I had to solve in my previous job, and also questions like what I consider to be a hard problem. I was asked multithreaded programming question, OOP and design question, general data structure, and problem solving type questions. Make sure that you brush up on the fundamentals.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview process was smooth sailing as the company was transparent enough to make a candidate understand in what position he is in and what is he capable of. Very punctual and understanding on time concern.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2009.

Interview

6 interviews face to face
    2 at hyderabad

Interview Questions

• Techncial questions - how to print a binary tree   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to shift with MBA   1 Answer

Position was in Hyd only. I wanted bangalore