Microsoft Executive Business Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Executive Business Administrator Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

The best way to land an interview is if you know someone in the organization. I had a connection which allowed for an informational late-January. Recruiting started working with me about a week later. The entire process with informational and recruiting took over 7 weeks. Final answer was delayed by over a week. Despite having all qualifications, ample experience and a great rapport in all interviews I was not offered the role. They hired internally instead, reason given: the other candidate had more experience. Subsequently, I pursued another role with a different team (again with a referral), and during that interview the manager felt there would not be enough to challenge me due to my level of experience. So, I seem to fit a very narrow niche? A good hiring team would work with a candidate like me to find the right fit. The trouble with Microsoft recruiting is, that they all work in silos, they support a business unit, not a job category. The likelihood of another EA role coming up in the same business unit in the next several weeks is slim to none. So, if you interview at MS again, you are starting at ground zero, beginning with an informational, a phone interview, then a full day of loops and most likely weeks of waiting.

Interview Questions

• What do your former colleagues think of you? How do you go about prioritizing your manager's time? How do you deal with scheduling conflicts? What is most important aspect for you in this role? Which do you like more; PowerPoint or Excel?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday, had onsite interviews the following Tuesday and an official offer Friday of that same week. The longest part of this process was the background check.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Once you get past the phone screening, you'll be scheduled for an interview loop. Plan on a full day, possibly 2 days, of interviewing back to back with different people on the team. Depending on your recruiter (they're either really great at communicating with you, or really awful), your interview SHOULD be scheduled within a 2 week time period, and you may get bumped and rescheduled if conflicts arise. The interviews themselves are generally casual, laid back, sometimes over coffee or lunch. There are no structured interview questions, and since you're meeting with a new person every hour or half hour, be prepared to answer the same few questions, allllll day. It becomes redundant and boring, then one of them will throw you a question out of left field to keep you on your toes. After the loop, send a thank you email to those you interviewed with. Again, depending on your rectifier, the teams' time frame and the number of applicants, you could have a same day offer, or an offer a month later. Keep hounding your recruiter for information. If you don't receive the offer, be sure to ask your recruiter for team feedback so you can put it to use for the next interview!

Interview Questions

• How do you form relationships with team members who work out of state or the country?   Answer Question