Microsoft Executive Producer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Microsoft

4.0

Executive Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Aditi (a Microsoft recruiter) about the position and submitted my resume through them. Was scheduled for a phone interview (screen) which was rescheduled last-minute as an in-person. Another candidate was waiting in the lobby with me, and we were escorted in together - which was awkward. Halfway through my interview, the hiring manager said he wanted to send me through the full interview loop.

I came back the next week for back-to-back interviews with the director of management and the project lead. Basically, my first and third interviews went great, but the second was what lost me the job. I was told by Aditi that they had passed in favor of a better candidate. However, I'm aware that MSR has (for now) decided to stop interviewing for the position altogether. I'm also aware that I came off as 'flippant' to interviewer #2. That was a surprise, and though it may be irrelevant, I've only ever heard women referred to as flippant.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a project you've led that you are particularly proud of?   Answer Question
  • What's your biggest concern or worry about this position?   Answer Question
  • What resources do you use to stay current with industry trends?   Answer Question
  • How would you develop content srrategy and build a strong content team?   Answer Question
  • Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question
  • What kind of culture are you seeking in a work environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Executive Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Interview process was tough. I had 6 interviews in one day. It started with the HR person, then went to a number of people from the group that was doing the hiring. That next to the last person was the hiring manager. Once I got past her, the last person was the director. Afterwards I found out that everyone was emailing the next person I was to interview with suggestions on what questions to ask and things to follow up on. Some people took the interviews more seriously than others. One or two people just chit chatted about random stuff while others really drilled me.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question came in the beginning from the HR person. They asked "How do you fix a toaster?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went back and forth a few times with the hiring manager over salary. The money was low but they piled on options and benefits to compensate. It was all very straight forward.