Microsoft Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through OCR, was invited for first round on campus. Since I was abroad, I skyped in. Heard back from Microsoft about a week or so later, and did my final round via Skype as well (4- 45 minute interviews back to back). If you're there in person, they bring you to dinner the night before and lunch right after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft?
    Which divisions/products are you interested in?
    General behaviorals and finance technicals, nothing unexpected.

Would say it was about 90% behavioral, 10% technical.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved a few different steps. The first step was the submitting an online application. A few weeks later, the company contacted me for a phone interview, which lasted about one hour. The final stage were all-day in-person interviews; I was flown to Microsoft headquarters where I had four one-on-one interviews conducted by four different people.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions   Answer Question
    • What do you do to develop yourself?   Answer Question
    • A few brainteasers and general case study/case study questions   Answer Question
    • Specific company questions (e.g. What product line would you end and why?) and finance questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

on campus interview and then super day. The super day was very fun. We got there at 7:30 to get breakfast and then were taken to interview rooms individually for 3-4 interviews.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

phone interview. 3 questions. then I ask

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

First round interviews occurred on campus at the University. The interview was 1:1 and consisted mostly of behavior interview questions. There was one technical question testing understanding of finance. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear back from Microsoft shortly. I was then offered a final round interview in Seattle. I traveled to Microsoft HQ a couple of weeks later. Final round interviews were four 1:1 interviews that were both behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions

• (Given 4 financial statements) Microsoft is about to roll out a new Star Wars game on Xbox to promote usage of the Xbox Kinect. How would you price the product and evaluate the project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview scheduled through my recruiting agency. First phone interview for about 30 minutes and later in-person for about 45minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most recent project experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your technical experience including tools you most experienced with during project at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in December 2008.

Interview

long, frustrating. mistakes made by HR. No follow up by HR or hiring manager. Not a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

There were 4 interviews on campus as well as a 5th interview if you made the cut from the first 4. They tell you the 5th is because they need to collect more information, but this is actually the time when you meet with the most senior person on the team for a final screening to choose between the top performers in the interview loop. Each interviewer was assigned a different competency to evaluate.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer would ask an question based on my answer to the previous question until I could not give more detail. This was particularly painful, but I think the purpose was to determine how I would respond to a question I did not know the answer to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. They were very firm with their offer. This was in 2008 during the financial crisis, so I think they knew that this would most likely be the best offer I could get. It might be better now.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2008.

Interview

Seamless interview. Panel, met with 6 people including the final person to approve the panels decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much. They gave me about 1000 more in salary. I made a mistake and told them my former salary though

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2013.

Interview

Straightforward interview with behavioural questions covering skills like team working, attention to detail, quantitative skills, etc. The interview also covered future plans, past experience and my technical skills in Excel, as this position required a lot of analysis and intermediate knowledge of Excel.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer