Microsoft Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2016

3.2

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2013.

Interview

Straightforward interview with behavioural questions covering skills like team working, attention to detail, quantitative skills, etc. The interview also covered future plans, past experience and my technical skills in Excel, as this position required a lot of analysis and intermediate knowledge of Excel.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through OCR, was invited for first round on campus. Since I was abroad, I skyped in. Heard back from Microsoft about a week or so later, and did my final round via Skype as well (4- 45 minute interviews back to back). If you're there in person, they bring you to dinner the night before and lunch right after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft?
      Which divisions/products are you interested in?
      General behaviorals and finance technicals, nothing unexpected.

Would say it was about 90% behavioral, 10% technical.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved a few different steps. The first step was the submitting an online application. A few weeks later, the company contacted me for a phone interview, which lasted about one hour. The final stage were all-day in-person interviews; I was flown to Microsoft headquarters where I had four one-on-one interviews conducted by four different people.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions   Answer Question
    • What do you do to develop yourself?   Answer Question
    • A few brainteasers and general case study/case study questions   Answer Question
    • Specific company questions (e.g. What product line would you end and why?) and finance questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

on campus interview and then super day. The super day was very fun. We got there at 7:30 to get breakfast and then were taken to interview rooms individually for 3-4 interviews.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

phone interview. 3 questions. then I ask

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a straight forward interview. I was first contacted thru my school career center. It was a smooth interview.

Interview Questions

I got a better offer in a different company

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

There were 4 interviews on campus as well as a 5th interview if you made the cut from the first 4. They tell you the 5th is because they need to collect more information, but this is actually the time when you meet with the most senior person on the team for a final screening to choose between the top performers in the interview loop. Each interviewer was assigned a different competency to evaluate.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer would ask an question based on my answer to the previous question until I could not give more detail. This was particularly painful, but I think the purpose was to determine how I would respond to a question I did not know the answer to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. They were very firm with their offer. This was in 2008 during the financial crisis, so I think they knew that this would most likely be the best offer I could get. It might be better now.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2008.

Interview

Seamless interview. Panel, met with 6 people including the final person to approve the panels decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much. They gave me about 1000 more in salary. I made a mistake and told them my former salary though

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Had one screening interview with the company and then was flown out for a "super day" of interviews. The first initial screening interview was more general of questions about my background, why I wanted to work there, and why I thought Microsoft had made different strategic decisions in the past. Then each of the interviews at the "super day" were mostly "fit" questions, except there were definitely questions regarding what was currently going on at Microsoft and one business case type question (on how you would think about going into a certain product or not). Therefore, I recommend reading up on current news articles about the company. I also recommend being prepared with a lot of questions to ask interviewers because every interviewer gives time to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding their most recent 10-K or 10-Q   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

This role in fact is a PM role, just finance related. Interviewed for PM questions, talking about resources, projects and so on.

Interview Questions

• PM question, how to act before leadership to get a project fulfilled.   Answer Question