Microsoft Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.1

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through UW career fair. Got an email to let me schedule an interview online after a week. 30 min on campus interview. Went through resume. The interview was not hard.

Interview Questions

• Is there any case I have encountered that the simulation passes and it doesnt work on board?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Skype since returning intern to different team. I did not have to fly in or anything. So, I was lucky because on campus interviews can be brutal. Especially for my position.

Interview Questions

• Design question. Designing a dataflow pipeline...   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

applied during career fair and got an email about schedule an interview. Signed up online and had on campus interview two week after. basic behavioral questions. questions were not difficult. it lasted 30 minutes. got another email 3 weeks later saying that i passed first interview but the position was filled already.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

I received a 30min phone interview after the career fair. The hr sent me a form about different positions in hardware. The engineer asked me half behavioral and half technical questions. We went through the resume first and then he asked about how to test a chip when you know it had failure in simulation.

Interview Questions

• how to test a chip when you know it had failure in simulation.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

i applied for hardware engineering position, imagining it would be an electrical engineering position, but ended up interviewing with a supply chain engineer. Therefore, i was quite surprised when i knew about it during the interview and was completely unprepared about the "What will your role be in supply chain team" question. The interview is nice and friendly, and there is nothing unexpected except for this.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met 8 (!) people, all working on various aspects of a product. Interviews earlier in the day focused on probing my problem solving. During the middle interviews, I solved some standing issues in the group. During the final interviews, it was very relaxed and inter-personal, and was intuitively obvious I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Derive the transfer function of a non-ideal capacitor, including all the effects you can think of.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2015.

Interview

One round of phone interview, conducted by an Engineer in technical division. No process of background checking with HR. Just go through my resume and asked related technique questions. Followed by a few behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you wanna get a further experience which closely related to your academic background or be flexible to do something maybe not that related.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

On campus recruiting event for hardware engineer at Microsoft.

Got an email from the HR regarding the on-campus interview and signed up for a 30 minutes time slot.
    Interview was mostly on the resume, past experience, project experience, intern experience with a focus on the technical side. Fairly simple and easy.

Interview Questions

• What was the most technical job you have worked on?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Got an on-campus interview. Questions were general and did an walk-through of my resume. But was not able to match me to a group for further consideration of interview. The interview was ok though.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I talked to them during career fair and about 1 month later they gave me a campus interview. The interview was 30 minutes and the recruiter I was talking to is friendly.