Microsoft Interview Questions in Hyderabad | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

3.5

Software Development Engineer (SDE) II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Systematic, well organized, smooth. The recruiter approached me for interview scheduled in gurgaon. That was 3 rounds, 1 day. After 2 weeks, I got a call that I was selected and was asked to come for on-site interviews in hyderabad. MS arranged flight tickets, stay and cab to/from the office premises. It was one day process again, with 5 rounds including A+. Very impressive overall.

ERP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

First round was telephonic technical and very simple. Second round was majorly focused on questions around production support. Might not be relevant for outsiders depending on their background. The interviewer seemed not much interested from the beginning and eventually drove the conversation towards a logical conclusion.

Interview Questions

• Memory sizing and performance tuning for heavy load ERP appliations   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

5-6 rounds of interview. You need to do coding and be ready to code on paper as well. It's not so easy to get into, but if you are good at it, you will get it.

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

First Round : I had an interview run of around 40 mins. It was scheduled at 12 pm and interviewed at 2.30 pm after having a delicious lunch by Microsoft. I didn't through the interview because the role I applied was wrong one. They said I would suit for software developer roles and will refer if any in future. Those who completed first round were interviewed for second round on the same day.
    Role applied: Service Engineer in the ECO Service Engineering Team.
    Panel team : 2 members

Interview Questions

• 1) One of the website is creating problem in IIS, how would you save other websites from crashing/memory leak.
      2)Your company website server has been crashed in Newyork due to earth quake and Networking team is looking into that which may take hours. As a support engineer, what you do in the mean time.
    • what is
      1)IIS load balancing?
      2)DNS in SQL Server?
      3)default is port of IIS/ SQL Server?
      1 Answer
    • 1)write a program to print prime numbers in C#.
      2)write JSON syntax and a program to show RGB colors.
      1 Answer
    • 1)In a ASP.net form, what exactly happen in the background when user clicks on SUBMIT button 3 times repeatedly?
      2)What are your analysis points before setting index on any column in SQL Server?
      1 Answer
    • Write a stored procedure to copy table1 data in server1 to table2 in server2 in a batch of 100 rows a a time. Also include login logic for server1 and server2 in stored procedure.   1 Answer

Project Managerial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

long process of 5 phases. 3rd being Face to Face situation based round. 2 phone screens, 1 face to face, rest 2 are with hiring managers. Overall a good learning experience

Interview Questions

• Case study was most tricky. 4 hours long and quite lot to achieve..   Answer Question

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Good experience. This one was for Bing.

Three skype interviews - one about background and basic knowledge of search/machine learning concepts(precision/recall). Another was about design aspects - user centricity etc....(e.g. they would show you a search results page and ask you what you think can be improved here - the key is to use your instincts and take a stand, rather than vacillate in the absence of data. Make sure you explain your thought process, the background and context before jumping to a suggestion for improvement.). The next was about technical system design (how would you design an analytics system that can process many TBs of data).

Was called for F2F interviews - they flew me down and provided a couple of days' hotel stay - all coordinated very smoothly.

F2F - 2 interviews with tech folks, 2 with PMs and one with As appropriate.

F2F - Tech - questions about web search (DCG/nDCG) and precision-recall. Puzzle (around counterintuitive results of Bayes' theorem).

F2F -PM - Business strategy about my current company, some design Qs (they'd share a mockup for search results and ask my thoughts - off the bat - Again, important here not to be taken aback by the situation). Also some questions about culture, working styles.

F2F - as appropriate - questions about working style, Group strategy etc.

Interview Questions

• 1. Critiquing the design of mockups made by the team   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview at Microsoft Hyderabad office and it was an 1-1 interview. 3 rounds at max. These rounds are eliminative in nature. The interviewer primarily looked at the way you think, so thinking out loud will surely help.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Overall it was a nice experience. The interviewers were friendly and helped me out here and there. At the end of each round, I was asked if I had any questions for him. In Microsoft interviews, I would suggest everyone to take care of edge cases while solving a problem.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to implement a spell checker, which gives word suggestions based on the words which have already occurred.   2 Answers

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

It is a pretty good interview process, having total 4 rounds in which first is written test following which are technical,hr and mr rounds.we were tested in almost all possible angles like technically, stress wise etc

Interview Questions

• If you have to work on a project that you won't like how would you motivate yourself   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round starts out with a design exercise that is sent by email which you need send across in 2-3 days. The second is an in-person interview with their senior designers, I went through two rounds of these.

The design exercise was to create an application for the circular train journey ticket for the Indian railways.

For in-person interview they ask you to talk about past projects and also work on small design exercises on the spot. The exercises are pretty simple and just test your train of thought, you are expected to make quick hand drawn wireframes to get your point across.

My interview process was stopped after two rounds as they felt my Visual design skills were impressive but "UX" had room for improvement.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you measure the success of your designs?   1 Answer