Microsoft Interview Questions in Hyderabad | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.5

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had got opening on Linkedin and shared profile to that. After review they called me and discussed the technology and work done earlier, then he said he forward to respective technology team to review my profile. Then recruiting HR called and discussed on phone to schedule an interview and called at Microsoft, Hyderabad campus.

Interview Questions

• Logic to find the LCA of tree and node has pointer to parent node.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I had two interview rounds with senior engineers (from their search team) directly as I had performed well in a Microsoft hackathon. They were polite while being very professional. The entire process was very smooth. I was mostly asked design questions related to Machine Learning and about my personal projects related to Machine Learning. I was asked one question related specifically to programming (implementing std::upper_bound), which was the easy part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement std::upper_bound for a sorted array.   1 Answer
    • Asked me about spectral methods in Machine Learning and what they bring to the table that other methods don't.   1 Answer

Personal and family related responsibilities.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

1st round: Informational where the interviewer gave me an introduction to the team
    2nd round: Technical and a stupid telephonic round (Since the interviewers did not even cared to read my resume they were asking questions which were "very apparent" from the resume itself)

Interview Questions

• 1. You have X Gb file and Y Gb of RAM and need to load the file
      2. Some basic and stupid questions
      2 Answers

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was reasonably congenial and since it was phone interview so I did not know the interviewer. It was not very clear from the interviewer's side as to the kinds of answers that he wanted. I could understand that he was in a hurry and since it was telephonic screening hence it became all the more difficult to understand and appreciate what the interviewer wanted. It appeared he had…

Interview Questions

• Given a dictionary of strings and another string find out if the string is an exact match to some words in the dictionary or varies at most in only one place of some word of the dictionary.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Process was smooth and had good experience. Nice HR communication & conducting process in time.

I found MSGD technical panel little confused. (specially rules for machine test like internet allowed or not etc) I had been told that you can use internet to solve machine test, actually it is not allowed to use internet for any machine test at any microsoft office.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic - 30 min - Nice in depth discussion
      Oops Concept
      GC
      Using
      Abstract Class Private constructor
      webApi

FaceToFace - 30min
      Sort numeric string array without using typcastic to int
      arrays
      ascii codes
      HttpHandlers
      Dns lookups
      entity Framework
      console.writeline contructors output
      many to many relationship in sql
      interface has memebers ?
      base class
      virtual method
      private contructors
      SQL Queries
      GC in depth
      Output of sample c# code
      singleton pattern

Hands On round - 120 min

Upload file to folder & accept hierarchy from user without using internet

Dot Net Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

I have cleared 1st technical round on jan16th 2016 for the position of support engineer at GTSC bangaloore, I was selected after clearing Online written test conducted by cocubes. 1st tech round was all about basics on dotnet C# and asp.net over skype... the flow and statemanagement tech questions.. but i haven't get a call for 2nd tech round.. still i am waiting.. i got conformation mail that i was cleared 1st tech round, and soon I'l have 2nd tech round.. its been more than a month,but still i didnt get.. can any one suggest me, can I get a call again..??

Interview Questions

• and basics concept of dotnet the flow and statemanagement tech questions   1 Answer

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Initially MCQ's questions and the short listed candidates are allowed to the next round i.e., Coding round(on cocubes). Then Group Fly round. And then comes the Face-to-Face interview process.
    During the Face-to-Face interview they asked mainly about the projects and scalability of the product. And more importantly design questions.

Interview Questions

• You are a manager and are given the available time slots of 10 employees of a day. I need to conduct a meeting of 1 hour. What type of data structure do you use to arrange a meeting?   1 Answer
    • You are given a N by M matrix with data values(Assume indexing starts from (0,0)). The user is at position (0,0). The user wants to move to (N,M) with the shortest path. Design an algorithm.   1 Answer

Software Engineer II SAP ABAP-HR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through email first for updated CV and called me after a week to schedule a telephonic interview.
    1st round telephonic cleared. It consists of nice ABAP-HR questions.
    2nd round telephonic not cleared. It consists deeper level of ABAP questions. One requires perfect handson in basic programming of every area in modern ABAP.

Interviewers enabled a Perfect professionalism. Microsoft is always a great company...
    I will try after 1 year again.

Software Design Engineer (SDE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

The company came to our college MANIT,Bhopal.It organised 2 online rounds,one was mcq based ,shortlisted were chosen for second coding round,I qualified the coding round and was called up for a personal interview in Hyderabad.

Interview Questions

• Given a string representing path of a file, normalise the string for eg - /a/b/.././c becomes /a/c
      '..' represents previous directory and . represents current directory.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

two telephonic discussions (Skype) with coding test. First round was bit okay as he asked to code two algorithms and few questions on cloud and threading. He explained about team and product. Later HR called me and told that first round is set of mixed feedback and they want to check my design skills as interviewer is not happy on it. In second round they asked to find duplicate in a string and I did that. Unfortunately few boundary conditions failed and I was not able to complete everything in 40 mins he allowed. He said I want to leave and cut the call without asking anything. So far no reply from them

Interview Questions

• Interview was for Azure team (Cloud and Enterprise) so mostly on cloud questions
      Threading
      C++11 related (Atomicity, volatile)
      Design questions
      AABBCCCCD -> A2B2C4D (Inplace string editing to find duplicates)