Microsoft Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

3.4

602 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjavur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Thanjavur (India)).

Interview

The process was very meticulous. They had a well trained staff who were very particular about communication and knowledge in active directory. They quizzed even on operating systems and from your resume. If you are from CS background they expect very adept knowledge on networks

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Microsoft generally has first round based on feedback they will proceed to next rounds.
    First-round focused on my background and the product I built and rationale behind my decision making.
    Another question was given to me with a hypothetical situation in which build software business in XYZ segment, create business cases, identify users and use cases.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

I got the opportunity through employee referral. The process consisted of an online coding round conducted by cocoobes which consisted of 3 different questions of different weightage. For the shortlisted candidates, there was a group fly round which eliminated candidates based on their structure of the code. There where two technical and an hr technical round.

Interview Questions

• Given a stack and a no of element, find the max element in O(1) time   1 Answer

Software Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted over LinkedIn. After providing an updated resume I was asked to take an hour long test on HackerRank. After the test, I was invited to interview onsite on a Saturday. There seemed to be around 22 candidates present and about 6 interviewers present on the day. The first round was a technical one, it went well. After waiting for more than three hours after the first, I was told that the first round had been positive and I would have to come in again on a weekday for further rounds. Three days later, they called to schedule another technical interview two days later via skype. A day before the interview, I received a mail stating that they would not be proceeding with my candidacy. So basically the HR there doesn't care about any one else's time.

Interview Questions

• A form of the knapsack problem, another question on binary trees.   Answer Question

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Applied thru MS career portal and received a call back within 1 week for 1st round. First round was telephonic discussion followed by 2 rounds of skype discussion of 50-60 mins each. Received feedback/confirmation within the same or next day for subsequest rounds. After 3rd round had to wait for almost a week. After one week, received invitation to travel to Hyderabad campus for one day for final 2 rounds of discussions. Received immediate and positive feedback just after the discussions. Whole interview process lasted for about a month and was smooth with proper communication from HR and feedback of each round. Recieved offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• 1st round about professional experience covering all the technologies. Second and third round on specific technologies with scenario based questions. Final two rounds of discussion had managerial and behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Three rounds all F2F on campus. First round went well. Rest of the two rounds dealt with the questions I listed below. Product Design was the major focus for these interviews. Now what exactly they meant by product design is confusing because it is not the standard checklist that is discussed as part of product design questions when you prepare for it.

Interview Questions

• - Design a health related productivity tool for Age > 45 yrs   1 Answer
    • Come up with an architecture for a fail safe system that protects your office against all sorts of malware, virus, earthquakes etc. sort of attacks and failures - Data redundancy, backups, operational guidelines, firewalls, RAID etc. all passe. What can you do? How will you model this?   1 Answer
    • All employee related leave management, employee reimbursements etc. are all managed through sharepoint. How can you ensure that you will support field staff with the same website/workflow? (on further probing these are the clarifications I received)
      - Whenever I make changes to my sharepoint workflows then the same should get reflected in my app?!
      - How would you ensure that the same sharepoint application works or works with minimal changes for the mobile use-case?   1 Answer
    • Design a note-taking application (one-note) for mobile phones   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Online aptitude test followed by programming test. Group interview/test next day. Problems were posed to a group but solutions had to be given individually. Multiple one-on-one interviews the same day.

.NET Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pune (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

I got an call from Microsoft Hyderabad regarding this profile, and my interview was lined up on Saturday.

The HR had shared an JD profile, and I had prepared according to that.

The interview was conducted on time but the questions which were asked were specifically on architecture of my project, don't know whether it was communication or lack of knowledge on part of interviewer but he was not getting exactly what I was trying to tell him.

The biggest thing was he did not know what RWD(Responsive web design) is ?.

Also he got confused when I explained him the repository pattern.

I thought consultant was a technical profile, but it more of sort of solution provider to client which does not involve getting your hands dirty with bits.

Also I did not get a single question from the JD which was shared by the HR or which was present on the Microsoft site.

Interview Questions

• I had prepared for all things listed on my resume, but interviewer just kept on asking me regarding architecture, and don't know the issue but that guy was not able to envision the architecture of my app.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Campus Online Coding Test
    after 3 weeks shortlisted candidates were asked to coe to their office
    2. first round there was Group fly at their office (it was a pool drive), 3 coding questions on-paper
    3. shortlisted candidates had Three Technical Face to Face Interviews

Interview Questions

• In the technical Interviews, first of all they'll ask you about your projects, then pure Object Oriented Programming questions of describing and writing code for designing a data structure or a class were asked.
      Also Data structures and Algorithm complexities were asked.
      Dynamic programming coding problems were also asked.
      Some candidates were also asked OS questions and some famous puzzles.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

It was a drive - approximately 40 people were called in on a Saturday. Mine was a 12PM slot. Had 4 rounds of interview.

After 1st round, some of them were asked to leave. The same happened even after 2nd round. There were outstation candidates too. Their interviews were scheduled little earlier as they had flights to catch.

It was 9:30PM by the time I finished my 3rd round. So I was called in on Monday for my Hiring Manager round. After my round, I went to meet the HR and I was made the offer.

The letter was rolled out within the next 10days. Overall 6 of us were selected and the hiring process was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• A 2d canvas - 1024x1024 was given. This canvas has a lot of shapes. Every shape has a function that returns yes/no if a given a point(x,y) lies/doesn't lie within it.

I was asked to come up with the most optimal solution to return list of all the shapes that contain a given point p.   1 Answer
    • Next Higher palindrome   1 Answer