Microsoft Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

Microsoft Interview Questions in India

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.4

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune City (India)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pune City (India)).

Interview

I received an email from Naukri.com for the product opening System Center Data protection manager. I was contact by the HR and she asked for my existing experience and she was very happy to know that I have existing hands on experience on that product.

Later she scheduled the Technical interview but didn't send any invite via email or not even shared any contact for further communication.

I recieved the interview call at the scheduled time and initial 15 mins he discussed about whom all I know at Microsoft instead of going through the technical questions. Later he continued with the technical questions and I managed to answer 90 percent of them.

I didn't receive any communication after that interview. I accepted as a rejection myself due to lack of communication from HR which is very unofficial.

The reason for the rejection is not the technical interview instead the people I knew from past currently working with Microsoft most probably didn't share good reviews about me which should not be the case.

I prefer not be interviewed by Indians rather interviews should be taken by people outside India in order to prevent such happenings.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Total 4 rounds. Specific to your role and technology questions.
    More of database related and BI stuff. few questions around design and few around Automation
    Few questions around your current Project. Few questions on Problem solving and mainly focused on data structures.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

When HR contacted, it was for the Data Scientits position. When I appeared for the interview, they started testing on Data Engineering related skills. Even HR had no clue. I had to backout from the process. Poor Experience!

Manager, Business Analytics & Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had expected to go through the intense loop interview process to showcase my technical and business-knowledge rigor on 4th March for a team being set up in Hyderabad. Disappointed that "after going prepared to spend an entire Saturday to face multiple panels (lot of senior members from Redmond team, that's what the HR consultant had told me) I met only one person who asked zero technical questions in the field of analytics or data science but only had some customary questions". After pretty informal 15 mins conversation they said they will schedule further telephonic interviews if the feedback is positive. It was as if they had decided whom to hire and the interviews were just a hogwash. This is a common practice indulged in by a majority of twin-birth community leadership across Indian corporate sector "with a few exceptions". They just choose the best among their candidates. Just dumbfounded to witness this practice creeping within Microsoft. Not sure if Google and Amazon have also been infected with these bigoted characters. Since names in India indicate "Religion", "Caste" and possibly linguistic background, simply relying on the interviewer's conscience and ability to adhere to corporate ethics to overcome their deep-rooted inherent bias/partiality is similar to expecting a dog not to jump on a bone lying in front of it.

This is not to target someone's background, but my honest feedback based on my years' of experience with MNC leaderships in India. Couple of suggestions to combat this:

One could record all interviews and review them on a random sampling method later by different senior members from other geographies.

Adopt something similar to "The Double Blind Experiment" method used mainly in Pharma sector to avoid researcher's bias. We may have to tweak it appropriately to filter out "Interviewer's Bias".

Interview Questions

• Some standard behavioral questions like how will you manage if there are competing deliverables within same timeline.   2 Answers

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

First Round : I had an interview run of around 40 mins. It was scheduled at 12 pm and interviewed at 2.30 pm after having a delicious lunch by Microsoft. I didn't through the interview because the role I applied was wrong one. They said I would suit for software developer roles and will refer if any in future. Those who completed first round were interviewed for second round on the same day.
    Role applied: Service Engineer in the ECO Service Engineering Team.
    Panel team : 2 members

Interview Questions

• 1) One of the website is creating problem in IIS, how would you save other websites from crashing/memory leak.
      2)Your company website server has been crashed in Newyork due to earth quake and Networking team is looking into that which may take hours. As a support engineer, what you do in the mean time.
      1 Answer
    • what is
      1)IIS load balancing?
      2)DNS in SQL Server?
      3)default is port of IIS/ SQL Server?
      Answer Question
    • 1)write a program to print prime numbers in C#.
      2)write JSON syntax and a program to show RGB colors.
      Answer Question
    • 1)In a ASP.net form, what exactly happen in the background when user clicks on SUBMIT button 3 times repeatedly?
      2)What are your analysis points before setting index on any column in SQL Server?
      Answer Question
    • Write a stored procedure to copy table1 data in server1 to table2 in server2 in a batch of 100 rows a a time. Also include login logic for server1 and server2 in stored procedure.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

My interview was more oriented towards ML and I said my area of interest was ML.
    Asked me about my project.

Asked me a probability questions,

Asked me a coding questions.
    Discussion on my projects.

Interview Questions

• Discussion on my projects.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Mine was a campus recruitment. There was one algorithmic coding round for screening. After the screening there was two interviews and most of the questions were related to data structures and algorithms. There was not much importance given to my resume. The interviewers were very friendly and the interview was more of a discussion than question and answer. In each interview there was atleast one question which the interviewer asked to write the code on paper.

Interview Questions

• Reverse the order of the words of the string without using extra memory.
      Eg:
      Input: My name is Something
      Output: Something is name My

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Udaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Udaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

very good but some what it was difficult and i was nervous that time and it was so difficult to give the interview but i like it because i have gone so much experience from it.

Interview Questions

• what is software development   1 Answer

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Good experience. This one was for Bing.

Three skype interviews - one about background and basic knowledge of search/machine learning concepts(precision/recall). Another was about design aspects - user centricity etc....(e.g. they would show you a search results page and ask you what you think can be improved here - the key is to use your instincts and take a stand, rather than vacillate in the absence of data. Make sure you explain your thought process, the background and context before jumping to a suggestion for improvement.). The next was about technical system design (how would you design an analytics system that can process many TBs of data).

Was called for F2F interviews - they flew me down and provided a couple of days' hotel stay - all coordinated very smoothly.

F2F - 2 interviews with tech folks, 2 with PMs and one with As appropriate.

F2F - Tech - questions about web search (DCG/nDCG) and precision-recall. Puzzle (around counterintuitive results of Bayes' theorem).

F2F -PM - Business strategy about my current company, some design Qs (they'd share a mockup for search results and ask my thoughts - off the bat - Again, important here not to be taken aback by the situation). Also some questions about culture, working styles.

F2F - as appropriate - questions about working style, Group strategy etc.

Interview Questions

• 1. Critiquing the design of mockups made by the team   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New Delhi (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

1st Round was Written Coding Round.
          - 3 Programming Puzzles - 3 Hrs - Difficulty-Medium
    2nd Round - Quiz and MCQ
          - 20-30 Question on puzzles and aptitude.
    3rd Round (Major Eliminator)
          - 3 Programming Questions - 3hrs -Difficulty- High
    4th Round Technical
          - 3-4 Programming puzzles + OS + DBMS + C/C++ + Puzzles + Software testing
    5th Round Technical (Project)
          - Implementation of previous projects and architecture of your project.
    6th Round Technical
         - Puzzles and programming riddles
    7th Round
         - HR Round + Negotiaiton

Interview Questions

• Q. Convert BST to doubly link list?
      Q. Remove redundent node in link list in o(n) complexity using hash table?
      Q. Implement TRIE using real world exmaple?
      Q. Implement Red-black tree?
      Q. Was given big bunch of code and was asked to fix without using compiler and reduce code complexity?
      Q. Question related to OS- very tricky?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. They gave me offer of 12 lpa initailly but after negotiation they gave me 17 lpa plus 4 lpa in stocks.