Microsoft Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

Microsoft Interview Questions in India

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

They had come on campus for internships for undergrad. There was a coding round followed by interview for few students who did well in the coding round. Few people who did not do that great i coding round had extra design round. The coding round included basic questions like binary search on a rotated sorted array and finding a successor of a node in a BST.

Interview Questions

• Shortest edit distance between two strings with add, remove and replace as operations.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It consists of 4 rounds each elimination round. 1st one was written test which had 3 different section. 1st simple quant then technical and then essay. Once you clear this round then there were 3 rounds of interview.. 1st one was technical interview 2nd one managerial and last one was As appropriate round.

Interview Questions

• write sql query to find max salary department wise where department_id was in another table .   Answer Question
    • spiral matrix traversal.
      bottom view of tree.
      some puzzles .
      Software development life cycle.
      Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

It is a pretty good interview process, having total 4 rounds in which first is written test following which are technical,hr and mr rounds.we were tested in almost all possible angles like technically, stress wise etc

Interview Questions

• If you have to work on a project that you won't like how would you motivate yourself   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

I had applied online through Naukri, recruiter provided me test links that can be attended from Home
    1st Round : MCQ based on HackerRank (45 mins)
    2nd Round : Coding Problems on HackerRank (120 mins)

Waiting for my 2nd round result .

Interview Questions

• Que based on BST, string manipulation (coding), MVC, SQL Queries   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bhubaneswar (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Technical, Aptitude and analytical questions, 3 rounds of interview, difficulty level : hard
    Asked about various questions from Database, C++, Java, Data structure
    Second round of Technical Interview was easier than first, it depends on panelist. Third round was HR.

Interview Questions

• Elevator scheduling problem, Spiral Matrix traversal   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round starts out with a design exercise that is sent by email which you need send across in 2-3 days. The second is an in-person interview with their senior designers, I went through two rounds of these.

The design exercise was to create an application for the circular train journey ticket for the Indian railways.

For in-person interview they ask you to talk about past projects and also work on small design exercises on the spot. The exercises are pretty simple and just test your train of thought, you are expected to make quick hand drawn wireframes to get your point across.

My interview process was stopped after two rounds as they felt my Visual design skills were impressive but "UX" had room for improvement.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you measure the success of your designs?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jodhpur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Jodhpur, Rajasthan (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Coding Round
    Interview

It was an online coding round conducted on cocubes.com. It was a 75 minutes round consisting of 3 coding questions only.
    Questions were:
    1:An array of integers is given which represents the heights of n buildings.Sun start falling from the left side. If there is a building of certain Height, all the buildings right of it having lesser heights cannot see the sun. Find the no. of buildings which can see the sun.
    2: Rearrange a given array in-place such that all the negative numbers occurs before positive numbers.(Maintain the order of all -ve and +ve numbers as given in the original array)
    3: Find the sum of leaf nodes at minimum depth of a tree. Return -1 if root is NULL.

Interview Questions

• 3 coding questions
      HR round
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

A recruiter came to my university to interview me. He seemed mostly interested in my overall skills, including soft skills. I shared my portfolio of work, and he asked me questions about what I wanted to do in the future. I was surprised IBM was interested in me because I'm not a computer science major, but it didn't seem to matter.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Four rounds of technical and two rounds of HR interviews.
    First three rounds of technical rounds are crucial. If you pass those other rounds are just pass-throughs.
    The technical rounds start with very easy questions to make you feel at home, but progressively become tougher as the interviewer drills down deeper into subjects of your liking. The key is to let the interviewer know what you are good at beforehand. The first three rounds typically take 45 minutes to 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

• 1) How does the OS load the CLR for .NET applications?
      2) What do you mean by an object?
      3) You have a string of size 256 MB and you have total RAM of 256 MB. How will you return the string by reversing it?
      4) Write a function to accept an integer and return the value of the integer in words. For eg: the method will take in 10 and will return Ten. Do not use any inbuilt functions of C#.
      5) Explain the IDisposable usage.
      6) How are mutexes different from semaphores? And what is a critical section?
      7) What is singleton pattern? How does it affect parallelism?
      8) What are the isolation levels in SQL server?
      Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Microsoft India Global Delivery(IGD)

My resume was by shortlisted from naukri.com and i had appeared the online test conducted by cocubes.com on 31st July 2016. The online test duration was of 95 minutes.
    1. Aptitude:40 minutes

13.software Engineering
    14.microprocessors

Written English Test:
    ____________________

write 200 to 300 words on ~"Internet connectivity to everyone -- is a 'gift' or 'curse' "

After clearing the written round they called personally to inform the result within 5 days and discussed about the next round. As per your discussion they schedule the next round of technical interview. This process took 20 days. My interview was on 20th Aug at Microsoft office, Bangalore.
    The technical interview was of 1 hour duration.

Interview Questions

• They asked to explain the recent project that in have worked on.
      (Which took 20 minutes )

then They focused on the skills i had mentioned in the resume.

i was asked to grade myself in those skills
      3 Answers