Microsoft Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2017

456 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a very quick interview, ~30 mins (less in reality). The recruiter told me about himself then asked me to tell him about myself. After that he gave a technical problem (write a function that takes in 2 integers, the first is the number to continue from, the second is the number of iterations and writes the Fibonacci sequence)

Interview Questions

• write a function that takes in 2 integers, the first is the number to continue from, the second is the number of iterations and writes the Fibonacci sequence   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Phone interview for Program Manager
    A lot of behavior questions
    Easy to hear and understand the whole process
    Microsoft working really clear and fast for intern
    Easy to hear and understand the whole process
    Microsoft working really clear and fast for intern

Interview Questions

• Find the Heaviest ball in 9 given balls by two times   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Handed resume to recruiter at career fair, was contacted for on-campus a few weeks later. Afterwards, was contacted for on-site in Redmond, WA. Four 45 minute questions & heard results after 1 week.

Intern Interview

Interview

Met representative on campus. Provided them my resume and filled out an electronic form.
     They followed up with an in-person and on-campus interview. The interview was one on one and was a whiteboard technical interview.

Interview Questions

• White board question involving looking at a string of letters and outputting a condensed version of the string   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview with Microsoft. I set it up online after the recruiter had reviewed my resume and passed me for first screening. At the scheduled time, the interviewer called me on Skype.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The woman was very nice. Her phone signal was TERRIBLE so we kept breaking up (I know it wasn't on my end). Overall, it was a fun interview

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a computer to a child?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I got email after going to career fair. They asked me to apply it online and then scheduled a phone interview. The interview was about 1 hour, and it took about two weeks to got the result.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between C and C++?   3 Answers
    • Describe a project on your resume   1 Answer
    • Others were puzzle and behavioral question   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume at career and then got an on campus interview. The whole process was nice. However they don't have onsite interview opportunity now so they cannot move me to the next round.

Interview Questions

• linked list related, very easy   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minute talk, asked a technical question but no code, just walk through the thought process. Then just more questions on work experience. Gave a lot of time to ask questions about the company and team structure

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you worked on a team   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was contacted for an on campus interview after going to their booth at the career fair. Interviewer was very kind and asked a basic technical question as well as some behavioral questions. It was a very pleasant experience. Unfortunately, they don't have any more spots open for the summer so I was not able to move onto the onsite.