Microsoft Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2017

461 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a very quick interview, ~30 mins (less in reality). The recruiter told me about himself then asked me to tell him about myself. After that he gave a technical problem (write a function that takes in 2 integers, the first is the number to continue from, the second is the number of iterations and writes the Fibonacci sequence)

Interview Questions

• write a function that takes in 2 integers, the first is the number to continue from, the second is the number of iterations and writes the Fibonacci sequence   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

recruiter -> first_round -> second_round -> null
    Overall the interview process was good. However, one of the interview during second round made my experience bad.
    Before the interview began, they told to use strongest language. However, when I started writing code in Python, the interviewer was "What language is this?" I continued. After some coding, interviewer asked "where are the datatypes?." I said its not declared in Python.
    Then interviewer asked me to switch to Java. OK. After I wrote my initial solution, I explained how the time complexity is O(n). The interviewer said "I don't know what big O is so lets not talk about it." K. After I made some progress, I said "the data can be represented implicitly as a tree." The interviewer said "I don't know what a tree is lets not talk about it." OK.

I wish the process is a little standardized.

Interview Questions

• Graph question but they wanted to solve it not using graph.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Phone interview for Program Manager
    A lot of behavior questions
    Easy to hear and understand the whole process
    Microsoft working really clear and fast for intern
    Easy to hear and understand the whole process
    Microsoft working really clear and fast for intern

Interview Questions

• Find the Heaviest ball in 9 given balls by two times   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

One on campus screen in February. Flew me out for 4x45Minute on-site interviews at Redmond in October. We ate lunch first, then proceeded to the interview rounds. Interviewers would come out to grab us one on one.

Interview Questions

• 15 minutes of resume talk/experience, 25 minutes of coding, 5 minutes of questions

2 Leetcode Mediums/Hards per interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Amherst, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was just a 35 minutes face to face round with a Microsoft engineer. I was first asked about my resume and the most challenging project that I had done in recent memory. I was then asked only one coding question and told to write the code on paper.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Handed resume to recruiter at career fair, was contacted for on-campus a few weeks later. Afterwards, was contacted for on-site in Redmond, WA. Four 45 minute questions & heard results after 1 week.

Intern Interview

Interview

Met representative on campus. Provided them my resume and filled out an electronic form.
     They followed up with an in-person and on-campus interview. The interview was one on one and was a whiteboard technical interview.

Interview Questions

• White board question involving looking at a string of letters and outputting a condensed version of the string   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview with Microsoft. I set it up online after the recruiter had reviewed my resume and passed me for first screening. At the scheduled time, the interviewer called me on Skype.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The woman was very nice. Her phone signal was TERRIBLE so we kept breaking up (I know it wasn't on my end). Overall, it was a fun interview

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a computer to a child?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in April 2017.

Interview

Applied by giving my resume to a recruiter. Hiring for interns had completed, but I would be interviewing for a waitlist spot. Got a request to interview some time later. Interview was nice, but since I applied for a waitlist spot it didn't work out.