Microsoft Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I got email after going to career fair. They asked me to apply it online and then scheduled a phone interview. The interview was about 1 hour, and it took about two weeks to got the result.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was contacted for an on campus interview after going to their booth at the career fair. Interviewer was very kind and asked a basic technical question as well as some behavioral questions. It was a very pleasant experience. Unfortunately, they don't have any more spots open for the summer so I was not able to move onto the onsite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

The interview process ended up pretty slow for me. The recruiters will give you a false hope that you'll be moved forward with the process but they end up with a rejection email.
    I had a couple of phone screen interviews and was told that I'll have an onsite later in the week, but it didn't happen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by a friend and a recruiter contacted me in August. Despite my replies, I did not receive word of a phone interview until November. Did not hear results of phone interview until DECEMBER. And I did send a few follow-up emails requesting to know my application status.

This year, MS has been swamped with intern interviews, over-scheduling themselves. I am very disappointed in a lack of professionalism. At this point, I assume that I will not be going to onsites even though my recruiter told me I did "very well in my phone interview". I wish there was less of a lack of transparency.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my school's career fair. First had one on-campus interview, followed by an invitation to interview on-site at Microsoft HQ during a hiring event. Overall great process, really enjoyed the interviews and loved the company culture.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

4x 45 min interviews and then lunch. Each person you will talk to for about 20 min and do a coding part and then have some time to ask questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2016.

Interview

30 minutes long. Some behavioural questions. Describe a challenging project and how you overcome. Share your experience when you are conflicting with yourself in a group project. Talk about a project on your resume. I was asked some technical details and how I measure my achievement in this project. Only one coding question in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Coding question: replace a char in a string with another string.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through an on-campus interview with one of their engineers. It took about half an hour total. They ask both behavioral and technical questions. The next step is onsite in Seattle, where they ask more technical focused questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project on your resume   Answer Question
    • One dimensional array questions, string manipulation questions, graph questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the university recruiter asking to schedule an on-campus interview. By the time I scheduled it, the slots were full and they had to move me for a telephone interview

Interview Questions

• The questions were behavioral   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Microsoft's website for their Software Engineer Intern position. The process took roughly 2-3 weeks. I was scheduled for an on-campus interview shortly after applying online. The interview was mostly behavioral eg. talking about my projects and skills. The one odd thing about this interview was that the interviewer wanted me to solve a whiteboard coding question 20 minutes before the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your projects, your experience, what you've worked on etc.   1 Answer