Microsoft Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

450 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

Met representative on campus. Provided them my resume and filled out an electronic form.
 They followed up with an in-person and on-campus interview. The interview was one on one and was a whiteboard technical interview.

Interview Questions

• White board question involving looking at a string of letters and outputting a condensed version of the string   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The woman was very nice. Her phone signal was TERRIBLE so we kept breaking up (I know it wasn't on my end). Overall, it was a fun interview

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a computer to a child?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I got email after going to career fair. They asked me to apply it online and then scheduled a phone interview. The interview was about 1 hour, and it took about two weeks to got the result.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between C and C++?   3 Answers
    • Describe a project on your resume   1 Answer
    • Others were puzzle and behavioral question   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume at career and then got an on campus interview. The whole process was nice. However they don't have onsite interview opportunity now so they cannot move me to the next round.

Interview Questions

• linked list related, very easy   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minute talk, asked a technical question but no code, just walk through the thought process. Then just more questions on work experience. Gave a lot of time to ask questions about the company and team structure

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you worked on a team   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was contacted for an on campus interview after going to their booth at the career fair. Interviewer was very kind and asked a basic technical question as well as some behavioral questions. It was a very pleasant experience. Unfortunately, they don't have any more spots open for the summer so I was not able to move onto the onsite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

The interview process ended up pretty slow for me. The recruiters will give you a false hope that you'll be moved forward with the process but they end up with a rejection email.
    I had a couple of phone screen interviews and was told that I'll have an onsite later in the week, but it didn't happen.

Interview Questions

• Print a binary tree level by level   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Microsoft was conducting on-campus interviews. Met with a very friendly interviewer, who teased my resume (he was an alum of my university so knew of some of my extracurriculars) and made me feel very comfortable. Two coding questions which I did on the whiteboard while speaking through my thought process with the interviewer. He was very helpful and encouraging. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Create a function that takes an attendance record (array of bools) and returns true if the student should be suspended. They should be suspended if:
      - they missed 3 or more days in a row
      - they missed 7 days total   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

A few rounds. It was a decent experience. Some challenging algorithms questions and some design questions. Overall, pretty thorough. I enjoyed my experience. It was a decent opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by a friend and a recruiter contacted me in August. Despite my replies, I did not receive word of a phone interview until November. Did not hear results of phone interview until DECEMBER. And I did send a few follow-up emails requesting to know my application status.

This year, MS has been swamped with intern interviews, over-scheduling themselves. I am very disappointed in a lack of professionalism. At this point, I assume that I will not be going to onsites even though my recruiter told me I did "very well in my phone interview". I wish there was less of a lack of transparency.