Microsoft Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview at Microsoft Hyderabad office and it was an 1-1 interview. 3 rounds at max. These rounds are eliminative in nature. The interviewer primarily looked at the way you think, so thinking out loud will surely help.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chennai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

An online coding round was present with 3 questions.
    It was kind of easy.
    Knowledge of basic data structures and algorithms was enough to crack it.
    It had a question on arrays.
    On binary numbers.
    and one more,

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

applied online and uploaded my resume and cover letter. Got a call from HR the next week. Had a short skype call after and then after heard that they were looking for interns in after 4 months. Declined the offer since i had no time, they told me to stay in touch. Not very hard interview questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with logic puzzle and behavioural questions.

On site day with several interviewers, most of them coding interviews, one with questions about teamwork/large scale software engineering.

Although initially a same day decision was promised (which sounded too good to be true), they ended up taking about a week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two teams have a software component accomplishing the same task?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Manipal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

ok, not very good
    They had come for a day and only 1/4 of the students got through the next rounds.
    The difficulty of questions was not very tough but you need to know the basics very well and also some trick questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in April 2017.

Interview

Skype interview. Started asking me to tell a little bit about myself, then did 20 minutes of technical questions and then got to ask the interviewer some questions. Wabba lubba dub dub!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (El Paso, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First, they want to know about you. They ask you about your interests, experiences, and what are you doing now. Then, the interviewer asks you a technical question related to programming. After that the interviewer asks you if you have any questions for him.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that inverts an integer. (Ex: Input: 123, Output: 321)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

2 round interview, 1st round in university 2nd round at Microsoft Campus. The recruiter use email to contact me. I got the interview after 2months i submitted my resume.

Interview Questions

• They asked stuff about my resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

It lasted from August until late November. The first HR interview was in around a week after the referral. From then, it took them +1 month to get back to me about the result of the first interview. Then I had the other 4 interviews, which were rather repetitive. One of the starting HR questions I was asked was repeated 3 times, between all the 5 interviews. Interviewers were diverse, and so was their interview process, but no system design questions.

Interview Questions

• Why would Microsoft hire me? Questions about trees and linked lists.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The woman was very nice. Her phone signal was TERRIBLE so we kept breaking up (I know it wasn't on my end). Overall, it was a fun interview

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a computer to a child?   1 Answer