Microsoft Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview, we talked about my previous project, then give me a simple coding problem. The recruiter is nice. Since it is my first interview, he didn't give me much pressure.

Interview Questions

• Implement a function that insert a node into a doubly linked list   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through business school's job post website, was contacted about a week later for a 45 min phone interview. The interview was great, the interviewer was friendly and very conversational. Mostly behavioral questions, some which were a little bit unusual, and one technical question to assess your finance knowledge. I was never contacted afterwards, either for a rejection or an acceptance, so I am not really sure what caused the screw up on Microsoft's side. The overall process was pleasant, though.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your tasks in the beginning of the day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process took around three weeks. I was scheduled an interview three days after my career fair where I met them. They gave me one coding challenge which I couldn't solve.

Interview Questions

• Given n amount of steps, how many different ways can you go up those steps?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Mountain View, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was done online and via telephone. It was rescheduled many, many, many times. It also included some video interviews when the telephone interviews weren't long or tedious enough or the time wasn't rescheduled enough. Overall, it was quite an interesting experience. I would definitely recommend it to anyone seeking to working in software development or product or program management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I talked to one of the recruiters at my school's career fair. On campus interview, about thirty minutes long. I was asked about previous experience and a tech problem. The interviewer was nice and very kindly gave me some hints on solving the problem. I haven't got any notification yet

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was given a phone interview through an employee referral. After a couple of weeks, I was contacted about setting up an onsite interview at Microsoft headquarters in Redmond. On interview day, I had five interviews that were both technical and behavioral including one lunch interview. There were CTCI questions for the most part, and the interviewers would help you along if you were stuck. I did decent on the technical aspect but definitely did not ace the interviews. The interviewers also were very interested in discussing their work and seeing your passion for technology. Afterwards, I was sent back to the recruitment building and told to expect results within a week. 3 business days later I received an email stating that I had been given an offer and a phone call with details. Overall great experience, and the interviewers were the best I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions on binary trees, hashmaps, recursion, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Baltimore, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through school job fair and they replied me after 2 months. They just asked my question s about behavior and mainly focus on my resume. It's more like chatting instead of an interview. But I failed at last because of my poor English. :(

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Explorer Internship for freshman and sophomore computer science students. I had 2 phone interviews that were very low on the technical side, mostly just resume questions and a few questions about my interest in tech. Then they flew me out to Seattle for the final round and I had 3 interviews, two basic technical questions and one creative product design question.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of technology that you use?
      Now design an improved version.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Was flown out to Seattle with a bunch of other candidates, and we rotated through interviewers. I had 3: two asked almost entirely soft questions, like why I wanted to work there. The third asked a fairly involved technical question. He was incredibly rude, didn't listen to me, interrupted every 10 words, and would constantly bring up edge cases and things I hadn't addressed as I was trying to describe the outline for the algorithm. In the end, I didn't feel like I had gotten a fair opportunity to demonstrate my technical skills.

The recruiters were very supportive, and I was very well fed and housed. They gave out umbrellas to those who hadn't packed for the Washington weather.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on with a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

My first interview was on campus back in February 2015 after a career fair. The 45 minute interview went really well, but they informed me that they did not have any more internship positions for the summer. However, they put me on a "fast track" in which I would be doing my onsite interviews early in the next cycle. Thus, I had to wait till November to interview onsite. The whole experience was great! They took care of everything travel-wise. There were 4 interviews back-to-back, 45 minutes each (with about 10 minutes of break in between). The main reason they seemed difficult was because of the overall length. Otherwise, each interview consisted of an average technical question (~15-20 minutes), a discussion of my interests and previous experiences (~15-20 minutes), and questions at the end. I saw each interview as a blank slate and still got an offer despite messing up one of them.