Microsoft Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2018

466 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to the microsoft recruiter at an on campus career fair. Then they emailed me asking to schedule an on campus interview with them through their website. I did the interview on campus, he asked some behavioral questions and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest problem you've faced?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (El Paso, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First, they want to know about you. They ask you about your interests, experiences, and what are you doing now. Then, the interviewer asks you a technical question related to programming. After that the interviewer asks you if you have any questions for him.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that inverts an integer. (Ex: Input: 123, Output: 321)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Dropped off resume at career fair. Referred by two friends that have also been employed by Microsoft.

One one-hour on-campus interview.

Later contacted to be flown to Seattle for a day on-site. Three one-hour interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Technical online test. A technical skill interview which covered all parts of the internship followed by a HR interview. My HR interview was more of a stress test. Each interview is different. For example, the interviewers focussed more on talking to me than reading through my resume but this was not similar to other's interviews.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. A company has x problem. Solve it using the Microsoft tools.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I asked another intern to refer me to Microsoft, and the one of the recruiters saw my resume and contacted me to schedule on-campus interview at Chapel Hill. The interviewer asked me questions about my resume and experiences, asked the behavioral question about describing a time when I worked with a team.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was a 30 minute on-campus interview. We had a brief discussion on my resume, and then I was asked to design a URL shortening business. The interviewer gave useful hints for thinking ahead and upon reaching an optimal solution, I was asked to code it on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Design a URL shortening business, and then code the core convert/fetch function.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process was fine. The questions weren't very hard, and my recruiter was very nice. I liked the interview and valued the opportunity to get the chance to learn about Microsoft.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Visited the Microsoft booth at my university's career fair. Invited to an interview at my school; mostly talked about my previous experience with only one technical question. The interview lasted 30 minutes. Got the invite to Redmond about 2 weeks later. At MS, I had 4 total interviews, which included one lunch interview. The three regular interviews were about 30-45 minutes. The lunch one was a little over an hour. All the questions were pretty typical; nothing out of the ordinary. Everyone was really friendly, especially the recruiters.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

It lasted from August until late November. The first HR interview was in around a week after the referral. From then, it took them +1 month to get back to me about the result of the first interview. Then I had the other 4 interviews, which were rather repetitive. One of the starting HR questions I was asked was repeated 3 times, between all the 5 interviews. Interviewers were diverse, and so was their interview process, but no system design questions.

Interview Questions

• Why would Microsoft hire me? Questions about trees and linked lists.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in June 2016.

Interview

Phone call for 30 minutes. The interviewer had issues in contacting me so a 15 minute delay was there. She emailed me right away and i HAD THE INTERVIEWER.

Interview Questions

• They ask me several questions like:
      why microsoft?
      talk about a team project
      questions to ask interviewer   Answer Question