Microsoft Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I received an on campus interview at my university and after a few weeks, I was notified that Microsoft was going to fly me out to Redmond for more serious interviews. I interviewed in the morning and I spent the rest of the day in Seattle. The city was great. I've never been to Seattle so I tried to see as many sights as I could. I went up the space needle and walked up and down Pike Place market. The seafood in Seattle is excellent.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe your past project experience   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

They contacted with me after career fair of my University, and gave me a very brief interview which includes 2 questions. I answered it quickly. After 2 follow up questions, the interview was over. Few days, I got an email from the recruiter who contacted me before, saying that due to limit of opening positions, they cannot let me go to next stage of the interview process, but they put me onto the waiting list and if there is any available position, they would continue this process.

Interview Questions

• Find a pair of numbers from an array of number that sum of them equals to a given number.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.
    Hiring process was straightforward enough, started with being contacted by a university recruiter, then had an on-campus interview. The first interview wasn't too bad, mainly technical and questions that a person with a decent understanding of algorithms could figure out. Then was invited to Redmond for a final round of interviews

Interview Questions

• Create an algorithm to place a series of randomized ships onto a battleship(game)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with an on campus recruiter and had an interview. Soon after they emailed me about flying out to Redmond. There I had 4 back to back interviews which went well. The overall process was smooth, and Microsoft did a great job of keeping me up to date through the whole thing. Definitely recommend trying to apply as you never know what could happen. The interview questions were all standard CTCI questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Applied online and through a campus event. Mostly talked about my previous experience and development projects

Had one On-Campus screen ( 30 mins ) and an On-Site round ( 4 interviews approx 45 mins each )

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions I was asked were related to Linked Lists
      One of the good Linked List questions:
      Given a linked list, which has an extra pointer that points to a random node in the list
      Your task is to copy the original linked list into a new one while preserving the list relation and the random pointer relations.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I had applied in uni career fair. Got a call after 3 weeks for a 1:1 interview on campus(University). Selected a time slot. It was a 30 min interview. Mix of behavioral and technical. Asked to solve a tree problem. Waiting for response.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I went to an event held by Microsoft at my school after a hackathon and was invited to interview. Two days later, I had the first round interview with one engineer. Here I was asked about my experience and projects, and had to do a whiteboard question. A week later I found out I made it to final rounds in Seattle. They flew me out ~20 days later. I had 4 interviews of roughly an hour each. 4 days later, I got an email saying I had gotten an offer, and we arranged a phone call after the weekend to discuss the details. From first round interview to offer notice, it was exactly a month. It was an extremely streamlined and painless process. Microsoft does a fantastic job making you feel comfortable during your interviews, and invests a lot of resources to do so. It is definitely the most positive experience I have had interviewing with a company.

Interview Questions

• All four interviews seemed to serve a different purpose. One was mainly coding, one was customer knowledge and problem solving, another was mostly design based, and last was a mix of both design/coding and culture. The interviewers talk with each other between rounds so they are sure to hit every single part of your resume. My last interview was supposed to have another coding question, but we chatted so much about Microsoft and programming that he just skipped it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Asked about a specific activity on my resume, not the top one but it seemed to be necessary. Asked about my coding experience. Nothing very particular like Microsoft specific.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out a particular internship and what was your role? What did you learn and what is a challenge you overcame? Coding related: consider a singly linked list, how to return the data stored at the last but fifth point?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Rochester, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on a school job fair in early October and got invited to a first round interview on campus about a month later. The interviewer was very nice and helped me sometimes with the question. About two weeks after I got invited to Redmond for the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• One question was to create a collection of permutations of a list of integers.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone screen, no technical questions. Mostly behavioral questions or questions on past projects. Was asked to walk through a few hypothetical scenarios + a brain teaser to see how you approach problems.