Microsoft Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2018

2.9

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was an on-campus Interview. Interview started with asking me about my project experience and then a programming question. It went well but after 2 weeks I got a reject.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Evanston, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Talked to developer at job fair, then got email for 30 minute on-campus interview a few weeks later. The interviewer was very antsy, and I later discovered he was supposed to board his flight in two hours and my interview was his last. Whole experience felt rushed.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

After a phone screen I was invited to participate in an on-site interview for a summer internship. The process was a full day event 9am-5pm, and I actually ended up missing my return flight home from Redmond. I went through 4 interviews, where 1 was combined with a lunch interview. At the end I met with the hiring manager, where I made a silly mistake on a whiteboard problem because I was so exhausted. I found out 3 days later that I did not make the cut for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Stuff you can easily google about ASCII, which is lame that you have to have that sort of trivia memorized   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me to set up an interview. It was a 30 minute phone interview where they asked me all sorts of questions of why I chose Microsoft and what I'm looking for in the internship. Then they asked me some techinal questions. They then contacted me a week later with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview started a bit late. Walked into the room and began chatting with the interviewer. Seemed like a nice guy. We talked for a bit about my background, with questions asked about several items listed on my Resume. Then we moved on to 'technical' questions. The interview process was enjoyable and the questions were reasonable. Don't know if an offer will be given yet or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you efficiently store a tic-tac-toe board in memory?   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between a thread and a process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a campus career fair. Then I got an email back from them I believe a week or two later saying I would be perfect for the Boston garage intership. Then had a 30-minute phone interview with a lady one behavioral question and one problem-solving question that was a probability. Then I got an email back the next day saying that I got invited for an in-person interview which was the following week. During the final stage, you have three interviews. One is behavioral, and the two are technical all 45mins. The questions did vary with people, but they are a simple problem-solving question that involved data structures.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2017.

Interview

Got invited by a recruiter for an interview relating to a software engineer internship. Interview lasted 30 minutes and consisted of a few personal questions followed by one technical question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I gave my resume to the people who were from Microsoft and came to out campus in the career fair at the university. After about 15 days, I got an email to schedule my interview.

Interview Questions

• I was first asked to introduce myself. Then 2-3 questions about my resume. After that, I was asked a coding question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

it was hard but entertaining interview with lots of technical questions. ( but not hard questions).
    The interviewers were all looking well established and knew what they were doing. unfortunately ı had a better offer that involves good paycheck.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter to set up a technical interview. The phone interview lasted 45min. There was a mix of puzzles, technical concepts, and behavioral questions. I felt like i answered the questions well but was not moved on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Puzzle about weights and figuring out the heaviest of 9 balls.   1 Answer