Microsoft Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in February 2019.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. Did not hear back for 2 months. Got the rejection email saying no spots left. Got email after few days for setting up onsite. 4 rounds technical + lunch was kind of technical too with one of their engineers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview: asked me what was my favorite technology and how I would improve it, and about my classes and why I liked computer science. They also asked me a simple riddle.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the apples & oranges in 3 baskets riddle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter through Linkedin. Applied through Microsoft webpage and also sent my cv to the recruiter (it was requested by him). Got a phone interview about 2 weeks later, they did not ask any personal questions, only about my previous experience and projects. Seemed to be really interested in my bachelor project, she made a lot of questions about it. Then a brain teaser which I failed, she did not seem to care too much, just explained the answer to me. Then she allowed me to ask her questions and she answered them in detail. Really nice, pleasant interview. She told me they will contact me in 3 weeks.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

Interview

A Microsoft recruiter contacted me, prompting me to apply for their internship program. I submitted my information, and I was contacted again within 2 weeks to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went great; the interviewer was upbeat and awesome. At the end of the interview, he told me I was great, and he thought I would fit in great at Microsoft, and that he looked forward to meeting me in person. Three weeks later, I received a generic rejection letter from a do not reply email address. The experience would have been perfectly fine if the interviewer did not state things he could not follow through with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a a project or two.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university.

I went through two different interviews, each 45 minutes long and really close together.
    They both ask you the typical interview questions and they both focus on your resume.

Both interviewers were incredibly nice. They both try to push you in the right direction without giving away any answers or even partial solution. You need to seem genuinely interested, and for the most part, you actually will be! Don't be afraid to ask questions, don't be afraid to ask for input, but never expect a solution.

I won't post any of the technical questions they asked since it's a lot better to train yourself for the possibilities instead of specifics. In general, I got asked questions that were super easy to wrap your head around, but had many possible solutions which could be easy or hard, depending on the route you might of wanted to take.

Internship Interview

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. The first I did at school. Had I gotten to the second round, I would have been flown to Seattle for an interview. They asked a lot about previous programming projects I had done and how I would change various aspects of them to do different things.

Interview Questions

• I had a programming question about sorting balls to find the lightest or heaviest one. Blanked on using a base case which really hurt my chances.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Got a call through career fair. I then set up a phone interview with them. Questions were all basic regarding my previous projects and ended with a brain teaser. My answers seemed pretty convincing.,but, then got a mail from them a week later rejection mail.

Interview Questions

• Nothing much. Asked few questions which were already put up on Glassdoor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in March 2009.

Interview

An interviewer called me, and asked about my research. Discussed some of the research they were doing, and asked me to describe, how I could contribute there.

Interview Questions

• what is your major research area?   1 Answer
    • what is your expectation from us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

After submitting the resume, I got the phone interview opportunity very soon. They give me the link as well as the user name and account password which could be used to get access to their website. I selected a time slot and made an appointment through the website they provided. The phone interview process lasts about half an hour. I got a reject two days later.

Interview Questions

• Just some behavior questions regarding to your experience, skill sets and interest.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

I applied through my institute's placement office. It was my first interview and interviewer was helpful by nature . He started it with introduction and asked basic info about my projects from resume.