Microsoft Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Varanasi (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

For prep just go to Geeks for Geeks website. Whatever technical they ask, its from Geeks for Geeks. There were 3 rounds of interview, first two were pretty easy, HR interview was quite unrelaxing as he asked about my grades.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for this internship via Linkedin. Got Selected on the basis of Linkedin Profile for MTV Linkedin Get A Job Season 3. Had to go Mumbai and Hyderabad for Interviews.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2016.

Interview

First stage - phone stage. A software engineer called me on the phone, asked questions about my CV, and asked me to describe the entry I was most proud of. Then he asked me a coding question regarding number conversion to linked lists. It was a short interview, ~30min over phone.

Interview Questions

• Write a method that converts integers to linked lists   Answer Question
    • Talk about the entry that you are most proud of in your CV   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in April 2017.

Interview

First I submit the application online. After about 2 months I received an email which aim to arrange an interview with me. 2 days later went the interview. Unfortunately I didn't pass the first round. But the interviewer is kind and I learnt a lot during the preparation.

Interview Questions

• The question is to implement the pick k nearest items from a database. Give some acceleration tips for the situation.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in February 2017.

Interview

four people were interviewed one by one for the first round. And then two of them would go to the second round. Most questions were asked are specialized about the related field for the first round.

Interview Questions

• Describe the structure of CNN   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied through school by going to the career fair. Recruiter just took my resume, asked a few questions and said ok. A few weeks later I went for an interview on my school campus.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was the third step of the internship hiring process.
    Video interview, 8 questions - 30 seconds to prepare the answer and 2.30 minutes to answereach question . The interview was entirely online, the question appeared on the computer so I didn't get the chance to speak with anyone from their HR department.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Campus Online Coding Test
    after 3 weeks shortlisted candidates were asked to coe to their office
    2. first round there was Group fly at their office (it was a pool drive), 3 coding questions on-paper
    3. shortlisted candidates had Three Technical Face to Face Interviews

Interview Questions

• In the technical Interviews, first of all they'll ask you about your projects, then pure Object Oriented Programming questions of describing and writing code for designing a data structure or a class were asked.
      Also Data structures and Algorithm complexities were asked.
      Dynamic programming coding problems were also asked.
      Some candidates were also asked OS questions and some famous puzzles.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took two online tests, then took a pre-recorded interview, then got invited for an interview with the recruiter, invitation to assessment centre, spoke to hiring manager and had to make a short essay (1 page).

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my opinion of Microsoft and my enthousiasm for tech. Also lots of questions focussed on soft-skills.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The interview lasted approximately 30 mins, 15 minutes of the interviewer asking questions and 15 minutes of me asking questions. While the interviewer did ask me technical questions it seemed that she had no technical background so she couldn't really understand my amswers.

Interview Questions

• -Favourite programming language
      -Explain recursion to a 5 year old
      -Describe one of my projects
      -The riddle with the 9 marbles   Answer Question