Microsoft Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The process took a very long time and strange questions were asked, such as how many lines of code have you written in X which isn't a good metric for skill or experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2017.

Interview

Quite a long process - after application you have to answer questions by means of a video recording of you speaking, then a Skype interview with recruiter, followed by calls from recruiters to organize assessment day, then assessment day consisting of 2 group activities and 2 interviews with managers... in my situation I did two more phone interviews before getting my placement.... 2 months of an interview process for a year long internship.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Whole process consists of 5 rounds.
    1st rounding : coding round consisted of 3 questions on CoCubes platform.
    40 students were selected after this round.
    2nd round was a group fly. They had given a question, we were asked to write the whole code on paper.
    After this round they selected 15 students for personal interview.
    3-5 round includes question on basics of oops, linked list, binary tree, operating system, hr type.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree, connect all the nodes together which are at same level.   Answer Question
    • Features of oops, and examples from real world.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chennai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

On-campus Interview:
    1st round - online coding exam for 75 minutes on cocubes website.
    3 coding question on trees,arrays and basic number and string manipulation
    out of 1500 applicants 50 were selected to next round.

Interview Questions

• Given a tree find number of nodes for which sum of the left child data and right child data is equal to the node's data.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview from tech fair. White board coding question. Interviewer did not watch or listen to me at all during the entire process, barely answered any questions. Acted as if me being there was a burden to them.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Milan (Italy)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first step is the CV screening than they require you to do an online interview with registered questions. Your task is to answer in a minute to all of the 8 questions. Be prepared and double-check your internet connection.

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft? What would you do if a member of your team is having a negative attitude?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I got the interview opportunity from university email. And there are 3 rounds. I only took the first round and are waiting for the result. The first round was an online interview. Four questions including Why Microsoft and staff like that. In each question, you have 1 minute to prepare and 2 minutes to answer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I have submitted my resume at career fair when Microsoft team came for recruitment. After that I got a call for first round of interview on-campus. On the day of an interview, they asked me question from my resume, my past work and my interest. They provided me problems based on data structure and algorithm. I cleared 1st round of interview and now waiting for further rounds.

Interview Questions

• Question from my resume and Data Structure and algorithms.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

You first have to fill in an online application form which includes some personal information and few short questions. There was a first round phone interview, following up with a group interview (1 hours). If you passed both tests, a panel interview will be offered for final screening.

Interview Questions

• Predict the sale of Surface Studio in the coming year.   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First it is the online test about your choices in some situations. Then it is the HR interview to know the basic information about you. Next will be the project interview.

Interview Questions

• How to introduce the cloud to your grandma?   1 Answer