Microsoft Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Internship

Microsoft Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Step 1: online application: basic personal information, upload CV answer a few questions
Step 2: pre-recorded video interview: A timer would go off and we would have 20 seconds to read the question and then a limited amount of time to answer. Questions were situational like "what would you do if..." and "give and an example of when you..."
-skype interview (haven't had it yet)

Interview Questions

• What do you think Microsoft's goals and mission are and why are these important?   2 Answers
  • Why do you think it is important to Microsoft to always meet customer's needs?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

Group interview - 8 people in a group.
    Group discussion: Discussion topic varies across different days of group interview but mainly about Microsoft products and how you can enhance user experience / its competitiveness against other competitors.
    Group presentation
    some follow-up questions on the presentation
    individual question

Interview Questions

• Individual question: how can you contribute to Microsoft?   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Kolkata (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

total five round first coding round second fly round then three face to face interview
    those who did any one question correct and other two question passing for half of the testcases in coding round get selected for fly round then in fly round there were two question in pen and paper mode then who did both were only selected for the p.i

Interview Questions

• seggregate odd and even integers from a link list
      find trailing zero in factorial   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bryanston (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bryanston (South Africa)) in October 2016.

Interview

they are very friendly..when i got in there they took me to the conference room, where i was being interviewed...they offered me water cos it was a very hot/sunny day and my interview was at 10:00

Interview Questions

• 1.tell me about you self

2.what do you know about the department we are interviewing you for....

3.what can you say about cloud?

4.why would you want to work for Microsoft?

tha at the end of their questions they give you a chance to ask questions!!!   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (New Delhi (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

First online test is conducted in our campus(MNNIT ALLAHABAD)with 3 coding questions.Then few students are selected from the test and invited for pool interview at Delhi.On the day of interview there were so many students from other NITs .1st round is pen and paper round.We are asked to solve to problems on the paper with algorithm,idea of approach etc,.Then few students selected for face to face interviews

Interview Questions

• Add two numbers referring them as linked lists and show the result in the form of linked lists(Ex: 1->null + 9->null = 1->0->null   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

coding round was conducted in college which had very easy questions. Selected students were called for group-fly round which was also very easy. But there was too much focus on maintaining hiring sex-ratio and hence I was not selected.

too much focus on sex ratio in group fly round

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guanajuato, Guanajuato (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Guanajuato, Guanajuato (Mexico)) in October 2017.

Interview

It started with sending my resume by email. Then i got contacted for a technical interview. It basicly was a whiteboard interview with a problem that i have to solve by coding some functions.

Interview Questions

• How to create a Cesar's encrypt/decrypt function for a given string and offset.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

First there was online coding round in college conducted by Cocubes. Then one written coding round at Microsoft campus where we were asked to write code for 2 questions on paper using any language and 2 face to face Interviews followed by HR round.

Interview Questions

• Find Missing number from an array of numbers 1 to N. General C language conceptual questions like strings, QuickSort, MergeSort and their applications.
      Second Interview round was on only one question which is level order traversal of n-ary tree without any Queue or Stack.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2018.

Interview

General interview questions and much more focus on the candidate's personality.
    Asked about past working experience and extracurricular.
    Talked about the project I worked on.
    Some technical questions on tech.

You got a lot of time to express yourself and show your dedication to your career development.
    Finishing by asking the interviewer questions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

All students were called to Delhi for the selection process. Had initial written round focusing on technical questions . This was followed with an face to face interview focusing on basic data structures - linked lists , binary trees etc.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree, create a mirror tree.   1 Answer