Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

3,668 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Mission Viejo, CA).

Interview

Met recuriter at job fair. Had on campus interview within a week with current employee, was a developer. Talked about projects I had worked on and my experience, answered questions about Microsoft. Couple weeks later received an email stating I had an interview at Microsoft in Mission Viejo. Flight was cancelled due to weather, ended up interviewing over skype with 4-5 employees on 2 teams at location. Asked to solve problems by each.

Interview Questions

• Implement Quicksort. After implementing, implement a version that takes less space complexity (2 pointer quicksort. )   Answer Question
    • If there is a file spread across 100 machines with x amount of storage and some duplicates, how can you remove duplicates?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fargo, ND) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted by someone in recruiting within 30 minutes of submission.
    I had a pre-screen phone conversation about 2 days later. I was asked to come onsite for an interview blitz the next month.
    These interviews are a little different than the standard - if you get 4 interviews at microsoft you did well. Everyone received two interviews.
    I hadn't heard back so about a week later I followed up with recruiting. I was informed that within this group if you don't hear back right away it's actually good news (they reach out to the no's withing one or two days of the interview). It takes a while to process and get back to the yes's. I am still negotiating the terms of employment now.

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then got an email to fill more pdf forms out and send them back!! After a week got an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter but that never happend because 1 week later I got a phone call from the store manager to come in for an in person interview. When I arrived there were no customers in the store only the employees who notified the manager but still I had to wait. After he finally came he took me outside of the store looking for an empty table inside the "food court" area of the mall. Woow at that point I had already checked out of the whole process because its just not professional. Agewise the interviewing manager could have been my younger son. As my other interviewers he had not even looked at my CV but asked me typical entry level (graduate students) questions while reading them off of his tablet. I know that he could not properly understand what I was telling him, cus it was too loud with lots of noise distractions. At that point I could have cared less because I knew right away, they not gonna call back for a 2nd interview or if they do I wont be selected. The 2nd option happened after a week and it did not surprise me at all.

Cloud Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

15 years ago, I was an undergrad at the top 10% of my class at a top 5 American CS school. The campus recruiter wouldn't give me the opportunity to interview for a SDE job. Instead I was delegated to either applying for QA in Test or Design while others had opportunities for dream roles. 15 years later, I applied to a CSA job using an internal reference. The recruiters wouldn't give me a time in the day while the other two market leaders gave me interviews at a moments notice. As an "oriental," I found my experiences with MSFT very discriminatory, and if there is justice in this country, you will be sued.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Long, difficult, but well thought out. They did a great job of digging down into the actual details of my background and experience. I didn't get an offer, but it was a good process.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Sr. Software Engineer position in azure group and got a call within a month. The recruiter arranged for a phone interview which consisted of couple of technical questions which I answered perfectly within an hour. Everything went well from my end but to my disappointment I did not hear back neither from the recruiter nor the interviewer. I have interviewed for more than 5 times and did really good in almost all of them but no response whatsoever. I just don't get how things roll in this company! No communication or feedback, an absolute disrespect for candidates time. What kind of insecure people are interviewing candidates here? I hope the manager or a shadow person was present with the interview so as to minimize such bias. I hope this actually is taken up by the HR and good talent is not lost due to some insecure people at the company.

Applied Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in July 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview. Was interviewed by head of Xbox Products Data Science and another Senior data scientist. Very quick phone screening. Asked about my experience with data analytics and briefly discussed one of my projects. Asked me to explain a statistical concept in simple terms to determine if I had the ability to simply express difficult concepts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

First recruiter contacted me and asked me for availability to talk for 30 min. After that schedule d technical skype chat with senior software engineer.Started interview explaining about the team and the projects they have.Asked me to talk about what I am doing in my current company.After that started two coding question.Solved the problems but unfortunately I think they thought I have less experience.Recruiter said will be in touch with you with some other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• write a method to return the duplicate in a integer array   1 Answer
    • write a method to return six strong frequencies among group of radio stations(group is something like there is no end for that)   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft in July 2017.

Interview

3 interviews plus a lunch interview. Interviewers were nice. They were interested in the mathematical side of modeling, statistics, and experimentation with large-scale data. The interviewers try to figure out how you think and if you would be a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was an interesting experience. The interviewers are quite smart. They will study your resume before coming into the room. I had a total of 5 rounds though I was told 3 - which is supposed to be a good sign but I got a reject and the final interview was really meaningless. My interviewer, the manager, was texting all the time while interviewing me and while I was coding on the whiteboard. That really brought me down and made me nervous which I didn't happen to be all day.