Microsoft Director (Business Role, Non-technical) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Director (Business Role, Non-technical) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Director (Business Role, Non-technical) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

My process was Referral --> Phone Screen --> Invitation to group interview (full day, ~6-7), with hint to executive interview next morning --> executive interview (which was more about fit, and I think only happened because prior day went well) --> offer with some negotiation on signing bonus, signing stock and level given my experience --> acceptance. (Relocation benefits are wonderful.)

See difficult question/answer below. At other times, some questions were vague. I erred toward asking clarifications, which a couple times resulted in interviewers stating they could not really get into details. For these reasons, and the company's selectivity, I have labeled the interview process "difficult."

After acceptance, you really feel you made the right choice and are made to feel welcome and valued (possibly driven by manager?). I have heard that offers are not extended unless 100% of interviewers give you a go.

Interview Questions

• There were two tough interviewers. They contradicted me throughout, at times stating I had the wrong experience base and not enough of it (although their questions were only remotely related to the position posted).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation on signing bonus, signing stock and level given my experience. Also negotiated certain relocation benefits.