Microsoft Software Design Engineer In Test (Contract) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Software Design Engineer In Test (Contract) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Software Design Engineer In Test (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

1/2 hour with one interviewer and 1/2 hour with the other which turned into 1 hour. Hiring manager was out of town so didn't get to interview with her.

Interview Questions

• 1) How do you test a paper cup? Then I was presented with a networked client software with an error dialog with user logged in as a standard users without administrator privileges and I was asked it was a bug.

2) How do you test a parking meter? Then I was asked a coding question on how to write a nested loop function to manipulate two arrays set of numbers
    Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little or no negotiation with Vendor Agency since this was a contract position. I was offerred W2 hourly rate with $1 difference with holiday pay only and no other benefits; and another $1 difference with vacation+medical+401K, or 1099 which is almost 20% higher than W2 rate.