Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) I Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First interview went quite well. Second round of interviews were within reason except for one interviewer. He was so socially awkward and sometimes refused to even answer my questions. Quite hard to get any clarification from him.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that takes function names from a program and will figure out if it is made up of valid words (1 or more).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was asked lots of brain teaser and some C++ questions

Interview Questions

• Implement a graph class, find the minimum spanning tree?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

Phone interview was set up approx. 1 week in advance to determine if I was a good fit for the group. The phone interview included many questions around software development lifecycle, test plans, current work environment, programming questions, and other technical questions. I was not prepared enough for the interview.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I have a phone interview and they told me that they are gonna contact me in two weeks.
    Questions:
    - Longest code I have ever code
    - Hardest problem
    - You have 9 balls one of which is heavier and a balance find the heavier one by using the balance two times.
    - Compare C/C++/Java

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) I Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

Interview

1. Got the interview from the HR;
    2. All about basic questions, like some behavior questions, such as wats the most challenging things for you, all the questions can be found similarly as the existing experiences;
    3. Brain teaser: how can u know the temperature outside when you stay inside without any tools.

Interview Questions

• How can u measure the temperature outside when you stay inside?   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2011.

Interview

interviewer gave a problem to solve and i was supposed to write the code on paper. problem was good and related to pattern matching. and after this he told how will you test the code. finally he was not satisfied with my performance.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview and then 4 in site interview

Interview Questions

• Wasn't there any difficult question really but the interview covers a lot of aspect, between technical and non technical question.   Answer Question