Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through the Micro website. Several months later I received an email for a phone interview. The interview was about half an hour and we mostly discussed previous projects of mine-- there were a few questions to pick my brain and hear thought processes. The interviewer of course asked about prior experience as well.

Interview Questions

• The questions I was asked are previously posed on this thread.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very pleasant. I had a single phone interview (problem solving in nature) and was then flown out to Redmond a month or so later. Microsoft gives you plenty of resources to do the things you want while you're out there, so take advantage of it. They'll pay for cab fares, but I recommend getting a rental, to make sure that you're on time to wherever you need to be. On the interview day, I was shuttled to HQ with a group of other candidates (about 15 others). We had lunch and learned about the interview process. There were a total of 4 45 minute interviews, each with a different person. Each interview was pretty similar: about 15 minutes getting to know you and about 30 minutes of coding/problem solving. The questions weren't too bad...make sure your answers are geared towards a testing standpoint.

Interview Questions

• A question that I was not ready for was a networking question: about how traceroute works. The interviewer gave hints. It had to do with the TTL of a packet.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Did a phone interview after meeting with a representative at a campus job fair, went to Redmond to do an all day interview process

Interview Questions

• An array that has 8 bit slots but is storing 12 bit integers, so position zero stores the first eight bits of the integer, and the first 4 bits of position one store the last 4 bits. The second 4 bits of position one store the highest bits in the second integer and position two stores the lowest 8 bits and so on. Devise a way to read these numbers from the array (in C)   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview

On campus interview scheduled after career fair. Few questions asked about my interests in mobile and security subjects which I am studying. Tech question: To convert Roman numerals to decimal system and also test the same.

Interview Questions

• Why are you using Windows Phone 8 phone and developing Windows 8 apps ? Dont you know Android is the no.1 mobile operating system ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

4 1:1 interviews, mostly algorithmic, some questions on experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with Microsoft a few weeks after the Career fair when I had given them my resume. This Interview had only 1 pretty basic technical question. After that I got a call a week later that they wanted to fly me out to Seattle to interview with them there. I flew out there about 2 weeks later and there were many other people interviewing for internship and full time positions. The night before the interview they had bowling and food. It was pretty cool.

For the next day, we were separated into a morning group and an afternoon group. I was in the afternoon group which consisted of 4 45 minute interviews with various members of the specific team with which I was interviewing. Everyone was pretty personable and very helpful. Throughout the course of the interviews I was able to get a sens for the fact that I wasn't exactly what they were looking for, but not in a bad way. More of a, remember this for next time way.

Interview Questions

• Remove a node from a singly linked list.   1 Answer
    • Concatenate two strings replacing every space or set of multiple spaces with a single dash   Answer Question
    • Given a string of characters figure out how many palindromes are in the list of words.   Answer Question
    • You have two results from a database query. Check if they return the same thing.   1 Answer