Microsoft Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

2,382 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

On campus interview. The interviewer asked some basic list reversal questions, didn't even look up at the board for my answers. Spent the whole interview checking email. Felt like he thought he had better things to do.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Did an on campus interview, which was very smooth. Asked 2 coding questions on a sheet of paper and was given a chance to ask the interviewer questions. Then flown out to do an on-site interview.

Research Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

First, one of the team members called me on the phone and we had a short chat about what the role requires and my resume. Then I had a standard phone call with an HR person who set up the technical phone interview as the next step. After this step, I got invited to go onsite. After five rounds of interview we called it a day, and within a week I received an offer.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied via employee referral process. After phone call with Dev Lead I managed to fly to Redmond. It was 3 round interview loop in one day, second day I received offer.

Interview Questions

• coding on white table (data structures), solution architecture related questions   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter for the SDE position for their hiring event. I was asked to register and will get the Online test in a week. It's been more than a month since than. I tried to reach the recruiter many times but won't respond back. Any other recruiters won't accept my application since I was contacted previously by other recruiter. I don't understand whether they really are looking for engineers or an applicant just suffers because of all this inside conflicts. It's not believable from such a good company.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I got referred to a specific team at Microsoft as New Grad hiring was halted for 2016. Talked to a manager on the phone for an hour, and was asked about my resume and did a interview question. Was flown to Seattle 2 weeks later and had an onsite interview with the team at Redmond. It consisted of 5 interviews with coding and culture-fit questions. I was at the Microsoft Campus from 9AM to 4:30PM. The process was nice, and the interviews were more conversational than say Google onsite interviews. I got a call 2 days later with an offer to join the team.

Microsoft enjoyed asking data structure questions with arrays, linked lists, strings, etc. Questions on graphs are said to be rare. Be prepared to answer any design questions, which may be follow up questions to coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions on string traversal, arrays + math were common in my interview.   2 Answers

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WV) in April 2017.

Interview

Nice people but they were not prepared. At the end of 5 people the interview was over with a minimal amount of mundane technical questions. The next day the recruiter had left and another recruiter said they were looking for an architect versus a Senior Software Developer. Total waste of time for them and for me.

Interview Questions

• Provide a function to locate given string patterns.   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

3 questions involving a mix of analytical and technical questions.
    Initially some questions on background and CV.Followed by what are the different work areas at microsoft and what would I be interested in.Involved blackboard writing and some talking.
    The interviewer took notes along side and was definitely helpful.

Interview Questions

• Design a 3 tier app for spelling test   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth and it was a great learning experience. The interview was 4-5 rounds. Initially had a phone screening then got the onsite interview call from the HR within 3 days of the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest palindromic sub-string. Reverse a linked list. Matching braces in a string, Design question on BST and OOPs concepts   2 Answers